My connection lose when i play via steam

ProbleMaN

Terrarian
Hi. we bought the game 2 days ago and we are playing via steam. But here is the problem. After like 30 min. i join a game, my whole internet connection loses. To make it work again, i had to turn off my modem and on again. Can you please help me with this?

Hi. we bought the game 2 days ago and we are playing via steam. But here is the problem. After like 30 min. i join a game, my whole internet connection loses. To make it work again, i had to turn off my modem and on again. Can you please help me with this?

Does this happen only with Terraria? I doubt Terraria is responsible for Internet loss.

i just remember .. No not only Terraria, but also Torchlight 2 too.. i was looking for a solution like 2 months. i couldnt fixed it then i stop playing torclight. if we cant find a solution here i guess i will do the same :'(

i just remember .. No not only Terraria, but also Torchlight 2 too.. i was looking for a solution like 2 months. i couldnt fixed it then i stop playing torclight. if we cant find a solution here i guess i will do the same :'(

My theory is that somewhere between your pc and your router, internet is lost while active connections are going on. This isn't a Terraria issue then, but appears that maybe your router needs to be updated, or a new one needs to be purchased. From personal experience, i had a router that would do just this, disconnect me from online for 5 seconds and then go back online every 15-30 minutes. The issue was, bad router, changed it and no longer had the issue. Ever since I got more technical, I chose exceptional router brands to prevent this from happening.

I would suggest changing the router.

Here is my modem's info ; ZyXEL P-660W-T1 v3

is it really that bad?
Truth be told, I have not seen anyone use ZyXEL models other than for business owners. Gaming is one of its weakpoints, and there have been some negative reviews on how ZyXEL handles things. In the source below I read some bad reviews on how it doesn't function, while others praise it. That being said, the neglect is Business vs Pleasure.

A brand for home network, and gaming is Netgear, Ubee, Belkin, Linksys, D-Link, I have not delt with any others. However, should you have an internet provider who gave you this one, I would prefer switching it out. Always contact your IP first and see if they have any new models out. Sometimes it works. Also you pay rent for it basically so why not ask for a replacement?

Here is a source: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r10477716-Stupid-question-why-is-ZyXel-good

Back
Top Bottom