Game Mechanics My take on placeable decorations

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
I have seen a few suggestions asking for more rubble types to be placeable by the rubblemaker, which I suppose I support, but I had a few more ideas:

-A "Fake Cobweb" decoration purchased from a new Halloween Spirit NPC. Looks like a cobweb, but can be walked by without slowing players.

-A "Clay Jar" that looks just like the naturally generated pots, but would not break accidentally and would be perfect for builds. This is something I have seen people asking for, but I feel a separate item would be better than making them placeable by the rubblemaker.

-A "Freeze Ray" weapon that slows and deals damage to enemies, or forms thin ice on water?

-Fake bee nests that dont fall when bumped.

-"Ice gel", dropped by the ice slime and could be used to place icicles. Described in greater depth in my post here: Better Gels (slime drops)

-Placeable shadow orbs and crimson hearts? Not sure on implementation

-Rather than being able to craft/move demon altars, I feel like a better implementation would be a new craftable post-mech Mechanical Altar

-Placeable boss summon items, including plantera's bulb? May make a post about this later...

Last edited:
-A "Fake Cobweb" decoration
Good idea. If it doesn't obstruct the player and can't be broken with weapons it's more useful for building.

-A "Clay Jar" that looks just like the naturally generated pots, but would not break accidentally and would be perfect for builds. This is something I have seen people asking for, but I feel a separate item would be better than making them placeable by the rubblemaker.
I agree with this one too, but I think part of the reason people want clay jars is for adventure maps and such. Could have both breakable and furniture versions.

-A "Freeze Ray" weapon that slows and deals damage to enemies, or forms thin ice on water?
The obvious way to make it would be to craft the heat ray with ice or something (frost core?), or to shimmer it. Alternatively give that ability to the frost staff, or another ice-themed weapon.

Good idea. If it doesn't obstruct the player and can't be broken with weapons it's more useful for building.

I agree with this one too, but I think part of the reason people want clay jars is for adventure maps and such. Could have both breakable and furniture versions.

The obvious way to make it would be to craft the heat ray with ice or something (frost core?), or to shimmer it. Alternatively give that ability to the frost staff, or another ice-themed weapon.
Yea, basically that was my attempt to make thin ice renewable/placeable and I dont think being able to obtain and place it would make sense

Back
Top Bottom