Xbox One My Xbox 1 world was overwritten!!

GhoulishEmu

Terrarian
Ok so I was playing a co-class playthrough w/ my friend and suddenly his game crashed and I lagged out. He said it might take a while to get back on, so I decided to go on my main world to do some stuff. When I got to where you choose your world it wasn’t there and instead there was my friends world we were playing on. I don’t know what to do, can anyone help me?

Did this happen while playing with the latest update (v1.0.983.5), that was released yesterday?
If so please report this with as much detail as you can remember:
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

The latest update should have fixed this world overwrite issue. If it's still around the developers need to know about it ASAP.
As for your world, unfortunately there isn't a way to get it back. :(

Did you save the world to the cloud or storage unit other than your xbox? You can use those to recover your data (assuming you had it saved before the world was overwrittten)

Damn that sucks because that was my main world. I’ve been playing it girl like a year.
I'm sorry for your loss. It sucks that it isn't possible to make backups on XB1 like you could do on the 360. :(

Did you start your world on the 360? If you did you might be able to restore an old version of it. Then it wouldn't be a total loss.
Also, did the overwrite happen while playing with the latest update?

Certainly should not be the case. I've raised it up - can we confirm the version # that this occurred on? (the update JUST came down, so being sure)

Will follow up.

Back
Top Bottom