Items New fishing crate: “Mining Crate” (cavern layer gold chest loot)

Nearly every major biome has a dedicated crate that allows players to obtain a given biome’s respective loot, just in case the RNG goes bad for what limited resources are generated in their world. The only biomes left out are the biggest two of all: the underground and cavern layers.

As a result, there are a number of items that are completely non-renewable and technically risk never being found in a world, even though it would require some particularly vicious RNG:
Even the Magic Mirror would’ve been on this list as well, but 1.4.4 added a crafting recipe for it.

I’d like to see the addition of a “Mining Crate” which can be fished up from bodies of water in the cavern layer. It would ideally replace the standard wood/iron/gold crates at that layer, and it would use the same loot table as cavern layer gold chests. This would create a renewable source of the aforementioned items.

For its design, I imagine something akin to a minecart but maybe more square-shaped (maybe even call it a Minecart Crate?).

Thoughts?

I don't think it should replace the tri crates, wood/iron/gold and their hardmode counterparts should stay the same. Just make it a biome crate for the pure cavern layer
I was originally going to suggest simply making it the local biome crate, but what stopped me was realizing that the cavern chest loot table is about as tame as what the three base crates drop (the wooden crate featuring most surface chest loot) and that making it a biome crate would probably be too rare.

Maybe instead of replacing all three crates, it could just replace the wooden one at the cavern layer. That could even allow it to be fished up in other cavern-layer biomes, while those biomes still have their proper biome crate available (dungeon, ice, desert, jungle, corruption, crimson, hallow).

I was originally going to suggest simply making it the local biome crate, but what stopped me was realizing that the cavern chest loot table is about as tame as what the three base crates drop (the wooden crate featuring most surface chest loot) and that making it a biome crate would probably be too rare.
I believe in 1.4.4 or one of the updates it included higher chance to get biome crates, I also never really had much of an issue getting them. If you wanna make it more unique then you can make ores or other cavern stuff more common in them, that would make getting hardmode ores from fishing easier.

Maybe instead of replacing all three crates, it could just replace the wooden one at the cavern layer. That could even allow it to be fished up in other cavern-layer biomes, while those biomes still have their proper biome crate available (dungeon, ice, desert, jungle, corruption, crimson, hallow).
You could but that makes it a bit too common, I feel like wooden crates should still be in there at some capacity.

The underground crate shall be added to make life crystals farmable especially in multiplayer if everything has been looted. Block that to pure underground to animate players to clean the evil biome.

The underground crate shall be added to make life crystals farmable especially in multiplayer if everything has been looted. Block that to pure underground to animate players to clean the evil biome.
life crystals are already obtainable in gold/titanium crates

Back
Top Bottom