New Labor of Love Paintings and How to Find Them

Dweomer

Terrarian
As someone who obsessively collects paintings in Terraria, I thought I might as well post about the new paintings added with Labor of Love. This list is a combination of paintings I've acquired personally and others I've seen listed on the wikis. It's possible there may still be more as the wikis haven't updated all the ones I've found on my own. If more are posted to the wiki, this will be updated accordingly.

The announcements said there would be "over 55" new paintings added. So far I've been able to account for 61 new paintings, broken down below.

(1) Hallow: "Lady of the Lake" - This is obtained by fishing in the Hallow.

(1) Blood Moon: "Dread of the Red Sea" - This is obtained by fishing during a Blood Moon. I tried a few times fishing in forest lake, but found it when I moved to fishing in the ocean. If that's a requirement or not, I can't say.

(8) Solar Eclipse: There are eight paintings that you acquire by killing enemies during a Solar Eclipse. Most of the paintings seem to be dropped by the specific enemy depicted in the painting, though one or two seem more generic.

"Midnight Sun"
"Ocular Resonance"
"This is Getting Out of Hand" - The Possessed
"Wings of Evil" - Mothron
"Eyezorhead" -Eyezor
"Requiem" - Reaper
"Buddies" - Frankenstein and Swamp Thing
"Machine for Terrarians" - Butcher

(17) Underground Cabins - Not too much to say here. I just found these by going through underground cabins. It's possible some may be more specific to certain biomes, but I was sort of just blitzing through levels to collect them and didn't always pay too close attention to such things.

"Heartlands"
"Outcast"
"Happy Little Tree"
"Aurora Borealis"
"Sufficiently Advanced"
"Forest Troll"
"Wildflowers"
"A Horrible Night for Alchemy"
"Cat Sword"
"Bifrost"
"Secrets"
"Bioluminescence"
"Fairy Guides"
"Strange Growth"
"Viking Voyage"
"Morning Hunt"
"Strange Dead Fellows"

(6) Sky Cabins - As with the above, these are pretty straightforward: you find these paintings in Sky Cabins.

"Blessing from the Heavens"
"Constellation"
"High Pitch"
"Love is in the Trash Slot"
"See the World for What It Is"
"Eye of the Sun in the Sky Cabins"

(1) Jungle Temple - There's one painting in the Jungle Temple, depicting a "Lihzahrd King"

(1) Truffle - The Truffle sells one painting, "My Son."

(1) Clothier - The Clothier also sells a new painting, "r/Terraria."

(4) Princess - The Princess sells four new paintings, though I've only seen three. For some reason the fourth one listed on the wiki, "Royal Romance," does not appear in the Princess inventory. Maybe it has something to do with the biome she's in or her happiness level or something. Otherwise I have no idea why it doesn't appear for me. If anyone can suss that out, please add in the comments how. EDIT: Apparently others have this issue as well.

"Princess Style"
"Suspiciously Sparky"
"Terra Blade Chronicles"
"Royal Romance"

(9) Traveling Merchant - The Traveling Merchant offers nine new paintings.

"Parsec Pals"
"Yumma, the Blue Tiger"
"Cheesy Pizza Poster"
"Moonman & Company"
"Sunshine of Israpony"
"Benny Warhol"
"Do Not Eat the Vile Mushroom!"
"Duality"
"Kargoh’s Summon"

(7) Angler - There are seven new paintings offered as rewards by the Angler, in addition to the original reward painting, "Pillagin' Me Pixels."

"Not So Lost in Paradise:
"Couch Gag"
"Crustography"
"Fangs"
"Silent Fish"
"The Duke"
"What Lurks Below"

(3) Painter - The Painter is reported as selling three new paintings, but only under certain conditions.

"Purity" (in Forest)
"Thunderbolt" (During Thunderstorm)
"Hail to the King" (In Graveyard)

(1) Biologist - The Biologist sells "The Werewolf" on the night of a Full Moon when she's transformed.

(1) Dungeon Chests - "Remnants of Devotion" is to be found in the locked Dungeon Biome Chests.

So, that makes 61 new paintings. If anyone finds more that aren't listed here, or if the wiki itself starts listing more from Labor of Love, I'll update this. Thanks.

Last edited:
"The Werewolf" is sold by the zoologist when she transforms during a full moon (confirmed this myself by getting it). I've heard "Remnants of Devotion" is found in locked dungeon chests.

I only got three new paintings from the princess as well, but "Princess Style" was one of them, the one I'm missing was "Royal Romance". I've generated multiple secret seed worlds where the princess spawns from the start and each time she's missing that one.

"The Werewolf" is sold by the zoologist when she transforms during a full moon (confirmed this myself by getting it). I've heard "Remnants of Devotion" is found in locked dungeon chests.

I only got three new paintings from the princess as well, but "Princess Style" was one of them, the one I'm missing was "Royal Romance". I've generated multiple secret seed worlds where the princess spawns from the start and each time she's missing that one.
I had that happen to me too, no idea why.

Hmm, I was able to find and buy "The Werewolf" easy enough, but I've done three dungeon dives where I unlocked every dungeon chest in three worlds, two of them large, and found no sign of any new painting. Is it in the biome chests or the regular dungeon chests?

My princess sells "Royal Romance". My princess lives in the forest and is living with all NPCs (and is living at the top of my "building", if that also counts). Maybe that's the condition.
And I've found "remnants of devotion" in a desert chest in the dungeon.

Last edited:
I just made a new world in journey mode, killed Plantera, and found Remnants of Devotion in the first biome chest I opened. That was after like half an hour of opening gold chests and not finding it. So it's at least in the biome chests, maybe not the gold ones.

I got the princess back in my world (I was just using celebrationmk10 princesses to find it earlier) and she was selling all four. The wiki says she's always selling all four but that obviously isn't true, maybe it has something to do with her happiness.
Here's her happiness reading when she was selling all four:

1665030104911.png

I just made a new world in journey mode, killed Plantera, and found Remnants of Devotion in the first biome chest I opened. That was after like half an hour of opening gold chests and not finding it. So it's at least in the biome chests, maybe not the gold ones.

I got the princess back in my world (I was just using celebrationmk10 princesses to find it earlier) and she was selling all four. The wiki says she's always selling all four but that obviously isn't true, maybe it has something to do with her happiness.
Here's her happiness reading when she was selling all four:

View attachment 385816
Awesome, is the biome chest then. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom