PC Opening a copy of an existing world wipes the map on both duplicate and original world

HCourier

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
New to the forums, wanted to post this issue.
I had one world with a relatively filled map, I then made a copy of it, to goof around in (I edited it within Tedit to remove all Corruption and set it to Master Mode) whilst maintaining the original world intact, no edits to it. Of course upon start up of the duplicate world, the map was empty, no surprise, but when hopping back to the original world, it wiped the entire map to a black board aswell. When hopping back to the duplicate edited world, it then also wiped that entire map, and then again when hopping back to the original world when.

Not sure if it's either due to it being an exact duplicate or that they both have the same seed, but the duplicate world has had substantial changes to it to differ to the original world, plus a name change, but sucks it wiped the whole map, but can understand if it's all my fault with using Tedit, but not sure to how that affected my original world copy and just edited a duplicate if I didn't touch it.
Might aswell tell this before anyone else has the same nasty surprise.

So.. 1, is TEdit for 1.4.0.4 right now? Last I checked it hadn't updated. 2, Likely the other problem is in that both worlds might have the same name, so it confused the files.

There is currently beta versions out for 1.4.0.x, but there is no solid release, so certain things in the editor won't display.
I also made sure that both files had different names, both the file in the file explorer and world name in Tedit (In file explorer: Worl, Worl_Master_Mode, and in Tedit: Worl, Worl Master Mode).
I tried replicating the issue with and without Tedit, but couldn't get it to happen again, all worked with no issue, so I'm just trying to think if anything else could have caused the issue, which honestly apart from the one duplicate and clean of it, nothing else much, might keep prodding at it, could be I corrupted my world file in the process, at least I have a backup prior to this! Will try it on a separate Computer with a clean install to see if that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom