Mobile Possible glitch with frameskip?

Your Terraria Device
iPhone 12 Pro
Mobile OS
iOS 14.5
Hello. So, I was messing around in the config file, just testing certain things out (always restored the original config file, the only change I actually saved was the world backup amount (changed it to 9)) and I noticed that despite having frameskip set to false in game, the config file reads it as true. The opposite is true as well. If I turn it on ingame, then the config file is set to false. Not sure if this is some consequence of the config file inheriting some properties of the one on PC, or if this is an actual issue. Regardless, it does sometimes seem like there’s minor frameskip very rarely (I think during autosaves). EDIT: I’m not sure if these rare minor frameskips are present when the setting is ticked on, but the setting in general seemed to provide no difference when I was using my iPhone XR, so maybe it’s the same here. Also worthy of note, when I copied my config file from my iPhone XR to my current phone, the switch ingame was ticked opposite to what the config file showed, but also when I deleted the file and the game recreated it, this still was the case, so it’s not an issue caused by me transferring the config file between the 2. (The default frameskip setting is off, and consequently the default setting in the config file is “true” despite the game claiming otherwise (as in, by default the game says it’s off while the config file says it’s on))

Last edited:
The config file on mobile doesn’t connect with the actual game, I know it’s weird if it did then pc controls would be able to be changed

The config file on mobile doesn’t connect with the actual game, I know it’s weird if it did then pc controls would be able to be changed
But it does? Changing the backup amount to 9 in the config file actually caused the world folder to slowly fill up with 9 backups, and changing the graphics settings to “2” in the config file caused the graphics to go from high to low (based upon lighting resolution, at least) caused by what is presumably an overflow of some kind. While the latter is obviously my fault for enabling settings that shouldn’t be enabled, my point is that editing the config file does edit the game.

But it does? Changing the backup amount to 9 in the config file actually caused the world folder to slowly fill up with 9 backups, and changing the graphics settings to “2” in the config file caused the graphics to go from high to low (based upon lighting resolution, at least) caused by what is presumably an overflow of some kind. While the latter is obviously my fault for enabling settings that shouldn’t be enabled, my point is that editing the config file does edit the game.
I dunno then maybe it works or sometimes doesn’t I dunno

UPDATE: I played with frameskip off according to the game and then played with frameskip on acccording to the game, and the former had the game occasionally drop frames (like dropping below 60 FPS but no stutters) (aka frameskip) while the latter had occasional tiny stutters (aka not frameskipping). So yeah, I think something is wrong here. Might be worth checking out to see if it’s actually incorrect or if I just misunderstand frameskipping, especially since the config file is always contrarian to the game setting.

Back
Top Bottom