Problems with controller on PC

Derpwood

Terrarian
Hello all!

So I'm getting back into Terraria before 1.4 drops, but I'm having controller issues. Using a 360 controller.

1. When I bring up my inventory it deletes whatever item was highlighted. For example, if I was just swinging my sword and I bring up my inventory, the sword is moved into the trash. I have the inventory assigned to the back button.

2. Is there a way to completely remove the grid when using the controller? I'm talking about the grid that appears when you push in the right stick. This same grid is one of the main reasons I hate playing console Terraria anymore. For me it makes it hard to see what I'm placing.

Finally, if anyone has any controller tips for playing Terraria, I'd love to hear them. Sadly with my sever wrist and hand issues I can't play using mouse and keyboard anymore. So any controller tweaks or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Update: So I tried another controller, this time a PS4 controller. This controller doesn't work at all. Terraria is acting like I don't even have a controller connected, yet all my other games are work fine with the PS4 controller.

Also, a new issue has popped up. Now I get no sound with Terraria, yet all my other games are working fine.

I'm also having trouble using a controller. I'm using a switch wired controller (horipad turbo controller) and it won't interact with the game at all. None of the menus or the game itself. Not sure if it is something with steam itself or Terraria. I don't use steam often so I don't have best know-how. Any help would be appreciated!

I am jumping back in as well and was trying to get my ps4 controller to work. The game doesn't even seem to notice that i have a controller plugged in. Controller works just fine for every other game.

I know this is late, but at least as of the 1.4's, to the far left of the inventory, there's a couple teeny tiny buttons. You can toggle the grid on or off there, as well as whether or not block swap is on or off.

Do you still have the item trashing issue? That seems like the game's implementing the default mapping (with that back button being a shortcut to put the selected item into the trash) a split-second before remembering your custom mapping. Or doing both at the same time.

I wonder if it's related to how even now on the same controller (XBox 360) going to the Guide's Crafting menu with the controller (but mostly default mapping), for a split-second it seems to think it's a regular crafting menu, and so makes me craft a possible item (sometimes making me use up or alter an ingredient I did NOT want to use up! :() before it treats the menu properly. But using a mouse it works just fine without crafting something.

(I've added that to an existing thread concerning multiple controller UI issues on the bug reporting subforum.)

Back
Top Bottom