**REPORTED** [PS5] Red Name When Using The Name "SCP-911" for my character

Herohk7

Terrarian
so, i wanted to cosplay a few SCP's and make my own, and i decided to make "the super police", i already had a character in the end of pre-hardmode and had all the vanity items needed, when i renamed it to "SCP-911" it was fine, i logged in and played for a while and then i logged off, when i opened the game again the characters name was red, i tried renaming it but it didn't work, and i tested by making a character with the same name and it happened again, i already have a character named "SCP-049" so it seems thats not the problem and i didn't close the game without logging out or anything, it just happened, i tried to make a character named "SCP" And "911" but it was fine, the name "SCP-911" has a problem that made my character red with 100 hp and 20 mana, after giving up i made a new character and as soon as i was done making it the character with the red name was playable again, i played with it and the saved N quit the game and it was red again, but the original characters with the red name was now the playable one, (i know the difference because the gameplay time was still there for each), so i renamed it "john" and logged in and i didn't have any tools, not even copper, just clear inventory, and when i left the world the character was red again, but there were now three red named characters, "SCP-911 (original)" "SCP-911 (Test)" and "John", idk what to do now, i tried all on multiple worlds and it still glitched, so the worlds aren't the problem, i didn't mod my ps4 or anything so i don't understand, why does the name "SCP-911" Corrupt my characters.

There was a similar issue on the Nintendo Switch where the death message "Glasia was exterminated" was corrupted in the form of "Glasia wa****terminated" due to that the sequence "s (space) ex" was interpreted as that the game tried to type "sex".

Can you provide a screenshot or a video of the error happening?

Wow, what an attempt at making a creepypasta. (it does nothing)
if i was making a creepypasta i would've said, and instead of saying it does nothing you could've at least provided the platform you play on. i personally think it has something to do with the game files.

Attachments

• 17047249862708320835845082521110.jpg
    17047249862708320835845082521110.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 64
if i was making a creepypasta i would've said, and instead of saying it does nothing you could've at least provided the platform you play on. i personally think it has something to do with the game files.
Do you experience anything odd like file corruption on your other PS4 games?

Have you tried turning your device off and on again? Is it possible the Terraria version you have was previously pirated? Is this on single player or multiplayer (if you have the same character name as someone else online the game might get confused)? Are you on the most updated version of Terraria?

Have you tried turning your device off and on again? Is it possible the Terraria version you have was previously pirated? Is this on single player or multiplayer (if you have the same character name as someone else online the game might get confused)? Are you on the most updated version of Terraria?
well, this has been going on for a few days, my ps4 slim is not pirated and no games on it have been, and the world is single player but i am playing on split screen, most of the time, and i play with my main account (named: Hero) and im on the latest version so far.

so, i wanted to cosplay a few SCP's and make my own, and i decided to make "the super police", i already had a character in the end of pre-hardmode and had all the vanity items needed, when i renamed it to "SCP-911" it was fine, i logged in and played for a while and then i logged off, when i opened the game again the characters name was red, i tried renaming it but it didn't work, and i tested by making a character with the same name and it happened again, i already have a character named "SCP-049" so it seems thats not the problem and i didn't close the game without logging out or anything, it just happened, i tried to make a character named "SCP" And "911" but it was fine, the name "SCP-911" has a problem that made my character red with 100 hp and 20 mana, after giving up i made a new character and as soon as i was done making it the character with the red name was playable again, i played with it and the saved N quit the game and it was red again, but the original characters with the red name was now the playable one, (i know the difference because the gameplay time was still there for each), so i renamed it "john" and logged in and i didn't have any tools, not even copper, just clear inventory, and when i left the world the character was red again, but there were now three red named characters, "SCP-911 (original)" "SCP-911 (Test)" and "John", idk what to do now, i tried all on multiple worlds and it still glitched, so the worlds aren't the problem, i didn't mod my ps4 or anything so i don't understand, why does the name "SCP-911" Corrupt my characters.
This is part of a PS-exclusive issue related to renaming characters currently. Under specific circumstances, the files can corrupt and become unusable. This will be addressed in the next update.

Apologies for the inconvenience. If you lost anything important, I’d be happy to reimburse you - shoot me a message if you need anything, and we can try to sync up.

This is part of a PS-exclusive issue related to renaming characters currently. Under specific circumstances, the files can corrupt and become unusable. This will be addressed in the next update.

Apologies for the inconvenience. If you lost anything important, I’d be happy to reimburse you - shoot me a message if you need anything, and we can try to sync up.
Well Thanks For Replying, And Not Really I didn't lose anything, appreciate your reply though, will note that and this glitch should probably be out there for the people to see before they lose important characters. i didn't find a lot about the glitch online so i might be one of few people who had this happen. im sure it will be fixed soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom