Question about Corruption/Hallow spreading

morfin

Terrarian
I have some questions about Hardmode:
1. Is there limits for hallow/corruption(crimson) spreading?
2. Breaking Demon Altar/Crimson altar "infect" world with both Hallow and Corruption/Crimson?

Last edited:
1] It will go as far as it can, in all directions, until it hits nonconvertible blocks; stuff ranging from snow and clay, to wood planks and almost anything you can craft to use as floors/side-walls for a house. The speed of conversion is affected by boss kills.
2] It does, one square at random in the world is picked to become a new square of hallow / corruption/crimson. This cannot be prevented, but if you break all the altars you find, except 1 for crafting things, before you decide to clean the world of one, or both, of the two, you shouldn't have to worry about those pockets.

Just to clarify on point 2: It's only a possibility that a block will be converted. The Wiki says there is a 66%* chance of a stone being turned into Crim/Ebon/Pearlstone.

* Maybe someone could check the number - I thought it was 33%?

I noticed that some blocks were converted after placing corrupt block next to normal ones. Also i placed block and then they were converted as well

That's correct: player-placed blocks can still convert other blocks and be converted themselves.

I remember in my old world i even used my old WoF bridge for Corrupted/Hallowed mimimics because that biomes infected everything(except ash) above Underworld

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom