Sprites Quivers

JuicyMeats

Official Terrarian
It just doesn't make sense for you to randomly pull ammo out of nowhere when firing bows, guns, launchers or flamethrowers. I say we change that up a bit!

Requests:
-Make objects appear on your character when the corresponding ammo is in its slot. For example: quivers when you have arrows and bullet belts if bullets. Just make launchers hang from your shoulder when using it (like real life), and I don't know why I said flamethrowers.

Rather than making it automatically appear, have vanity items like that (like, how magic quiver looks like, etc.) so you can put that in a vanity slot and look cool.

If it would be automatical, it would be quite odd, considering you always pick up arrows and stuff from random zombies, pots and whatnot, regardless of your class. you will walk around with a bunch of arrows in ammo slot even if you're melee or mage.

Rather than making it automatically appear, have vanity items like that (like, how magic quiver looks like, etc.) so you can put that in a vanity slot and look cool.

If it would be automatical, it would be quite odd, considering you always pick up arrows and stuff from random zombies, pots and whatnot, regardless of your class. you will walk around with a bunch of arrows in ammo slot even if you're melee or mage.
Well, not really. When you pick up arrows, they are put in your inventory. The only reason they go in your ammo slots is because you put the arrows manually into the ammo slots, which will stack other arrows.

Well, not really. When you pick up arrows, they are put in your inventory. The only reason they go in your ammo slots is because you put the arrows manually into the ammo slots, which will stack other arrows.
I think they naturally go to ammo slot though.

There's no point keeping them in inventory anyway, if you play mage or melee, you really don't need the ammo slots for anything, and neither arrows you pick up. so, it doesn't really matters if they gather in ammo slot, because you don't use them - nor the ammo slots - for anything like ammo, however exactly because of that, it's like 4 extra inventory slot.

you can store the arrows and stuff you accidentally pick up there, to sell later, or give it to ranger friends in multiplayer. you can also store bait there and other items that can be used as ammo even if you won't actually use them as ammo, like fallen stars.

So, what I mean, even if you're not a ranger, you will very likely will store randomly picked up arrows in ammo slots. because you don't really use ammo slots for anything if you're not ranger, so why would you store arrows in inventory, if you can store it in those 4 special "extra" inventory slots?
But that doesn't means you would be a ranger. You just have some arrows there because some dropped from a pot or from a zombie or something.

Then maybe make it a toggleable config.json option?
I think it would allow more customisation, if there would be vanity accessories like magic quiver, you can put in vanity slots. you can actually just put a magic quiver in vanity slot by the way for a quiver, but there's nothing like that for bullets or rockets, but I don't really know what sort of additional thing would fit them to carry extra ammo in visually?

Back
Top Bottom