tModLoader Requests and tips from the consumer's side

Peasant

Terrarian
Greetings!
I'll try to make it as shorter and straight to the point as possible.

Context: I've been testing many many many mods so I can make a single modpack to host a server with and play with people. Most mods have things that pleases and displeases me, but what has been bothering me the most is the lack of mods for things I'd love to have. I'm making this post with hopes that someone reads it and develops said changes.

NOTES:
-If you want to make mods with those ideas, you don't have to ask me or wait for me or anything. All that is here is free for modders to use.
-I could go on and on and on but I'd like to see what members will think of these first. I don't want to spend hours typing those if no one is going to develop them.

-Bow string pull
I have seen this in Terraria Overhaul, however, I'm not willing to use Terraria Overhaul just because of this.
>Holding left mouse button charges the arrow.
>Releasing it too soon will result in little arrow travel distance.
>Releasing it "too late" will result in maximum arrow travel distance (might vary according to the bow).
>Releasing it "just in time" will result in maximum arrow travel distance with a guaranteed crit.
>Releasing it "just in time" multiplies the crit damage.

-Remote Banner Buff
Nothing more fair than getting an advantage over that annoying-:red: Cave Bat after dealing with it 50 times, right? However, who occupies their inventory and themselves placing and removing the banner all around the caves?
>Make the buff global no matter where the banner is.
or
>A "chest-like acessory" that allwos you to place banners inside of, allowing you to gain its bonuses.
or
>Make banners consumable in one stackable buff - upon hoovering your cursor on top of it, it gives you the name of the enemies you have advantage against.

-Specific acessories slots
Every playthrought I make I always end up with the same acessories, no matter my "class". Arctic Diving Gear, Frostspark Boots, Wings, Architect Gizmo Pack, Shield of Cthulhu, among others. I keep swapping between social and active but, despite it being annoying, I oftenly forget to do so. The mod "Wingslot" already exists, but what about slots for other "obligatory" acessories? With so many mods adding and so many different acessories, I cannot use everything I wish to use, neither get stronger or focus on a class because my slots are always occupied with quality of life acessories. However, this can change with dedicated slots for:
-Wings (so you can have a single mod instead of two).
-Diving Gear.
-Boots.
-Shield.
-Emblem.
-Backpack (Architect Gizmo Pack / Angler Tackle Bag).

-0% Opacity HUD
This speaks for itself. I oftenly get lost in the crafting menu or inventory menu because of all the background movement, different shapes and colors, etc. and end up having to make effort to understand what icon it is that I'm looking for. This doesn't get better when you have a 24" 1920x1080 screen.
>Add option to set Opacity to 0%.

or
>Add slide bars to change opacity from 0% to 100%.

or
>Add the possibility of, besides changing opacity, changing the color too!

-Larger inventory

Everyone def. has to go throught the hassle of inventory management. However, is it really something required? After analysing this, a larger inventory wouldn't make the game easier, just less annoying and a little faster, since you won't have to go back and fourth so many times when exploring the jungle, for instance. With mods adding new items it makes this an even bigger issue.
>Increase the inventory size.
or
>An equipable backpack with different tiers:
TIER 1: 10 slots ----- [ 2~4 Leather ]
TIER 2: 20 slots ----- [ TIER 1 +10 Meteorite bars/Sturdy fossil/Bee Wax/Obisidian/Bone/Jungle Spore ]
TIER 3: 30 slots ----- [ TIER 2 + 10 Hellstone/Cobalt/Palladium/Mythril/Orichalcum/Adamantite/Titanium bars ]
TIER 4: 40 slots ----- [ TIER 3 + 10 Hallowed/Chlorophyte/Shroomite/Spectre bars ]
TIER 5: 50 slots ----- [ TIER 4 + 10 Luminite bars ]

-Silly music-playing instruments
My favorite thing in Starbound was going around playing stupid meme songs like Jojo soundtrack or Darude - Sandstorm in different tunes depending on the instrument I was using. If I could have this in Terraria, boy oh boy would I be happy.
>Rather than being craftable or bought from an NPC, it could be dropped from zombies, which would give you decent reason to fight them.

-DEuseless items
There are MANY items in the game that I have never used and some that I haven't used in a long long time. It bothers me a lot fo have nothing to do with them other than selling. Take the Trident for instance! You walk all the way to the end of the map, you inve into the shark-infested ocean, you die out of breath and... for what? A useless weak trident. Items such as this could have a better use, such as a NPC collector that rewards you with things for bringing him those items or even upgraded versions of them.
Here's a list of most I could thin of:

-Zombie Arm.
-Mandible Blade.
-Stylish Scissors.
-Bone Sword.
-Katana.
-Ice Blade.
-Arkhalis.
-Exotic Scimitar.
-Starfury.
-Enchanted Sword.
-Purple Clubberfish.
-Falcon Blade.
-Rockfish.
-Swordfish.
-Spear.
-Trident.
-Dark Lance.
-Chain Knife.
-Flare Gun.
-Snowball Cannon.
-Blowpipe.
-Harpoon.
-Slime Gun.
-Wand of Sparking.
-Slime Staff.

-Cactus tools

You can make a pickaxe and a sword but you can't make a hammer or an axe...
>Cactus Hammer.
>Cactus Axe.

-Acorns...
Many mods attempt to give some use to the excessive amount of acorns you get, however, I don't recall ever using any of those weapons, so I thought of a good use for them:
>Super Acorn (~6 Acorns) ----- After being planted for 5 seconds, becomes a long tree.
>Mega Acorn (~50 Acorns) ----- After being planted for 10 seconds, becomes a huge living tree.

Back
Top Bottom