Items Rose Quartz and Amber Uses! -Sprites-

Dakota Spine

Headless Horseman
Note: All sprites you see on this thread (Except the Amber Staff and Amber Robes, which are edited versions of Corenality's sprites) are made by Hiladar, Alpha_Stev, TheInquisitiveSpoon, Cireus, and Corenality! Huge thanks to them!

Hey guys, Dakota here. We have all kinds of colored torches, Red, Yellow, Orange, ect. But what we don't have for example is Pink Torches. I want to change that!

Rose Quartz
Items
To get Pink Torches, you will first need Rose Quartz.
Rose Quartz.png

Rose Quartz can be found but putting Silt/Slush in an Extractinator, with the same chance of finding Amber.

Once you get a Rose Quartz, you can craft it with 3 Torches to get 3 Pink Torches. The Pink torches let off a gentle Light Pink, unlike the Heart Lamp that lets off a heavy Hot Pink. It has all the other properties as a normal torch.
Pink Torch.png

(Pink Torches Added, but without Rose Quartz)

You can also make Large Rose Quartz for Capture the Gem
Large Rose Quartz.png

Blocks
You can also make Gemspark Blocks out of it, making flowing water Pink.
F0SS6fe.png
Rose Quartz Gemspark.png

Equipment
You can also make a Rose Quartz Hook, just like every other Gem Hook.
Rose Quartz Hook.png

You can even make a Phaseblade out of Rose Quartz!
utrwtc3-png.108169
Pink Phaseblade.png

On the topic of Weapons, you can even make a Rose Quartz Staff with Lead. It does 16 Damage.
Rose Quartz Staff.png

And you'll also need a Rose Quartz Robe to go along with that staff!
r0wgpd.png

Like the staves, this is between Sapphire and Topaz Tier, giving you 40 Increased Maximum Mana, as well as 8% reduced Mana usage!

This is how the appear on a player:
2wck1gl.png
2lv24cg.png

Amber

As well as having Rose Quartz, I feel Amber needs some more content as a Gem. Here are some.

Equipment
Also just like Rose Quartz, you can make a Phaseblade out of Amber too!
k0ygque-png.108171

To match the Lead used for the Rose Quartz Staff from before, you can make an Amber Staff with Iron instead, doing the same damage.
Amber Staff.png

(Amber Staves Added)

And to match the staff, you can make Amber Robes! They give you the same effects and buffs.
2wck1gl.png
2lv24cg.png

Items
Like Rose Quartz, you can make Amber Hooks with the same amount of gems.
index.php

And to finish, you can make Giant Amber for Capture the Gem.
index.png

That does it for this suggestion, tell me what you guys think. I hope you like it, and thanks for reading. Dakota, out.

Last edited:
Well, this is cool. With the sprites, you need to have a transparent background, otherwise it looks weird and unconventional.

I guess adding an extra gem to the game wouldn't hurt. Support.

Of course if you wanna make it a complete set, it needs it's own robe too, right?

r0wgpd.png
Rose Quartz Robe
r0wgpd.png

2wck1gl.png
2lv24cg.png

I'll leave the stats up to you.

I guess adding an extra gem to the game wouldn't hurt. Support.

Of course if you wanna make it a complete set, it needs it's own robe too, right?

r0wgpd.png
Rose Quartz Robe
r0wgpd.png

2wck1gl.png
2lv24cg.png

I'll leave the stats up to you.
But now we also need an amber robe.
I guess we also need a large amber gem.

I have a feeling @Razor Knight would love this..

This is great and I see no reason for this not to make it in. Support! Though if there will be rose and amber staffs, the gems should probably spawn naturally as blocks, to make them less of a silt grind to get.

Is it also extractinated like amber?
Or is it mined?
P.S. Why not an amber robe too?
However, "rose quartz" is a rather awkward name.
Why not simply quartz?

I like this, mostly because pink. :p

Needs a pink spear tho. Craft able pre-hardmode spears need to happen.

Or is it mined?
Why not simply quartz?

There's more than one type of quartz, and they have different colors. What's wrong with awkward names in a game with "golden showers"?

I like this, mostly because pink. :p

Needs a pink spear tho. Craft able pre-hardmode spears need to happen.

You know? A Melee counterpart to Gem Staves would be pretty cool!

Or is it mined?
Why not simply quartz?

Also, Rose Quartz is a real gem, a pink one. While plain Quartz is white. It would fit with Terraria's naming I guess, but there's no real reason, as Rose Quartz is what it is.

You know? A Melee counterpart to Gem Staves would be pretty cool!

Also, Rose Quartz is a real gem, a pink one. While plain Quartz is white. It would fit with Terraria's naming I guess, but there's no real reason, as Rose Quartz is what it is.

The probjem is that all other gems are made with only one word. It is quite minor: it's purely aesthetical.

Other possibility: rename it.
As an example, kunzite (EDIT: the better-known tourmaline is pink too) is naturally pink, despite not being well known. There are many other pink gems, but thay are mostly rubies.

P.S. actually, cave diamond is blue in terraria (and magically becomes white, ahem...) Blue diamond is a very rare kind of diamond, most colors actually exist.

Last edited:
Well, it could also be Morganite, pink Beryl, since the game already has green Beryl aka Emerald.

Aaand, it would also double as a reference to my favorite anime, which doubles the awesome.

Back
Top Bottom