tModLoader Shadows of Abaddon mod

January is over btw, and uh why would we even consider removing Midnight Rhapsody
Some other mods I use (Thorium's Thunderbird boss for example) got their themes changed when they got new sprites. I've had to learn to accept that mod content, no matter how much I might like it, is not permanent and subject to change. :(

Abbadon's death keeps crashing the game.
Also, if you could write out some lore about Novaniel and the other Lunarians (mostly him, though) that would be nice.
[doublepost=1533216022,1533215920][/doublepost]Apparently in the time I was writing that he did actually die and not crash the game.

Abbadon's death keeps crashing the game.
Also, if you could write out some lore about Novaniel and the other Lunarians (mostly him, though) that would be nice.
[doublepost=1533216022,1533215920][/doublepost]Apparently in the time I was writing that he did actually die and not crash the game.
We managed to reduce the time Abaddon freezes the game by quite a lot in 1.1, and uhh... We already have lore about that

We managed to reduce the time Abaddon freezes the game by quite a lot in 1.1, and uhh... We already have lore about that
I can't seem to find the lore anywhere. I checked this forum, gamepedia, tried searching on google and all that pulled up was the wiki's homepage and a bunch of quizlet sets about modded terraria bosses.
[doublepost=1533233012,1533232954][/doublepost]And what does the cosmic rift reactor do aside from apparently corrupt the world save?

I can't seem to find the lore anywhere. I checked this forum, gamepedia, tried searching on google and all that pulled up was the wiki's homepage and a bunch of quizlet sets about modded terraria bosses.
[doublepost=1533233012,1533232954][/doublepost]And what does the cosmic rift reactor do aside from apparently corrupt the world save?
The lore has been talked about multiple times in the official Discord server, so you can go there, and the CRR (Cosmic Rift Reactor) will be used to summon a new invasion that hasn’t been finished, so it keeps spawning enemies that don’t exist, corrupting the game file in the process.

The lore has been talked about multiple times in the official Discord server, so you can go there, and the CRR (Cosmic Rift Reactor) will be used to summon a new invasion that hasn’t been finished, so it keeps spawning enemies that don’t exist, corrupting the game file in the process.
Okay.

Ah yes, Dan's had a habbit of including unfinished items or unattainable dev items in his mod. Usually it's just the "You shouldn't be spawning this and now I'm going to player:KillMe() you", but that case seems like a pretty serious oversight, thanks for the heads up.

Getting tied of having to join discords (1000+ member discords Especially), stuff like this should go on the front page of the mod in a personal website.
I only join discords that I should be in, otherwise I like to keep mine very small.

Anywho enough of that, So after 3 games with Sacred Tools over the course of a year, I think it's safe to say...
This mod is pretty damn good, however:
EDIT: I'd like to be a little more clear here, I consider Sacred Tools has a seat among Calamity, Spirit, Thorium, and (don't judge) Tremor. Yeah, I consider it to be the best of the BEST when it comes to content mods.

I LOVE Abbadon's new boss fight, it's a legit boss fight now VS whatever the hell it was before. But his boss fight is far harder than any boss after him, I guess everyone is due a revamp but to me it just ruined the flow.
Oh yeah, the biomes gen after his defeat now too, so much for making them yourself :(
asthralite equipment is still not worth the farming it takes. (I usually just buy ammo and that music box)
the unfinished permafrost biome (forgot what it's called sue me) stuff is still here, I bet I'll still be player:KillMe()'d if I spawn it's boss.

Please try not to get butt hurt over my opinions, This is still a mod I will play with almost every time and I would be very sad if it went private.
I don't have the awnsers to these problems, but I honestly think you should integrate the lore into the mod somehow, the way calamity did their lore feels cheap, and I'm sure you can do it better.

Ah yes, Dan's had a habbit of including unfinished items or unattainable dev items in his mod. Usually it's just the "You shouldn't be spawning this and now I'm going to player:KillMe() you", but that case seems like a pretty serious oversight, thanks for the heads up.

Getting tied of having to join discords (1000+ member discords Especially), stuff like this should go on the front page of the mod in a personal website.
I only join discords that I should be in, otherwise I like to keep mine very small.

Anywho enough of that, So after 3 games with Sacred Tools over the course of a year, I think it's safe to say...
This mod is pretty damn good, however:
EDIT: I'd like to be a little more clear here, I consider Sacred Tools has a seat among Calamity, Spirit, Thorium, and (don't judge) Tremor. Yeah, I consider it to be the best of the BEST when it comes to content mods.

I LOVE Abbadon's new boss fight, it's a legit boss fight now VS whatever the hell it was before. But his boss fight is far harder than any boss after him, I guess everyone is due a revamp but to me it just ruined the flow.
Oh yeah, the biomes gen after his defeat now too, so much for making them yourself :(
asthralite equipment is still not worth the farming it takes. (I usually just buy ammo and that music box)
the unfinished permafrost biome (forgot what it's called sue me) stuff is still here, I bet I'll still be player:KillMe()'d if I spawn it's boss.

Please try not to get butt hurt over my opinions, This is still a mod I will play with almost every time and I would be very sad if it went private.
I don't have the awnsers to these problems, but I honestly think you should integrate the lore into the mod somehow, the way calamity did their lore feels cheap, and I'm sure you can do it better.
You'll like 1.1 then. It'll add True Mode, as post-ML mode that can be started at anytime after the Moon Lord's death. It adds some new things to all the post-ML bosses to make them a bit harder and also adds new loot. As for Araghur and the Challenger, they've gotten updates and the Challenger has been replaced with Erazor, who is essentially a True Mode-Only rework of the Challenger. Oh, and three new pre-ML bosses.

[...] and the Challenger has been replaced with Erazor, who is essentially a True Mode-Only rework of the Challenger.
The Challenger has been fully replaced by Erazor; Erazor will take the place of the Challenger as both a Boss and Town NPC completely. The method of having Erazor move in, as well as the method of fighting Erazor, will be identical to the methods used for the current Challenger. Erazor will have different dialogue, a different sprite, and a different battle, however.

Welp, thanks for all of that, and yeah we will try to get some parts of the lore into the mod somehow, but most of it is from a story I have been working on for years now so it might take a while :v or be hard to execute.
Also what those two said (CMD and Snek) mostly applies, tho Erazor only moves in after the three bosses before him have been defeated in True Mode.

Also, I will be posting videos about 1.1 on my channel occasionally, I already uploaded the True Mode Abaddon fight a couple weeks ago and now I uploaded the Araghur one.
Prepare >:}

Welp, thanks for all of that, and yeah we will try to get some parts of the lore into the mod somehow, but most of it is from a story I have been working on for years now so it might take a while :v or be hard to execute.
Also what those two said (CMD and Snek) mostly applies, tho Erazor only moves in after the three bosses before him have been defeated in True Mode.

Also, I will be posting videos about 1.1 on my channel occasionally, I already uploaded the True Mode Abaddon fight a couple weeks ago and now I uploaded the Araghur one.
Prepare >:}
Looks awesome! Can't wait for 1.1!

So um, i have a bit of a problem. After defeating Abaddon, The Flame Razed Forest does not spawn, does anyone know what to do?
This seems to be a problem, ESP if you have alot of other biomes. When mine spawned, it spawned in a tiny area between the dungeon and the Calamity Sulfuric sea. (With like, 1 tree, I had to plant more)
I honestly feel to this day the "Create your own biome" way of spreading it in the past was alot better than what's being used now, atleast then you didn't have to worry about bad generation.
Not to mention watching the world around you change from an expanding sphere was pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom