Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
Thankyou
But seriously if the artificial biome is above the ground, it shouldn't be a hassle to protect. I only build artificial biomes when I need one for an NPC house. They don't serve much function besides above ground farms.
It's a pain underground though, since you'd likely have to dig out the whole thing before hand.

It's a pain underground though, since you'd likely have to dig out the whole thing before hand.
An artificial biome in the center of the map is in even more danger then the actual one because usually there is more Crimson near it. When hardmode is activated, the Crimson and Hallow make a V in the center. If anything, it is likely the safest at the very edge of the world on the dungeon side. It is so far from anything dangerous that you can spawn dike fishron in the jungle's location.

Last edited:
Here's the issue with this. Plantera's bulbs require you to be in the underground jungle to spawn. This doesn't really work if your goal is to fight Plantera and progress through the game.

Back on topic though, yeah, most important stuff like chlorophyte and plantera only works in the underground jungle, and it's a pain to build and protect an artificial one.
Doh! I didn't know about that... :eek: I don't care much about Clorophyte cause i'm a Warrior but being able to farm Plantera is a real big deal.

Ok, Plan B... i'll build it in the center of the World Map in the Underground then make Hellevators on either side of it that double as Jungle Barriers to protect it. :dryadtongue:

It'd still be better if the Jungle could use the Hallow, Crimson, & Corruption to its advantage instead. Maybe Hallow Jungle could have Amazon Warriors, (No, I don't care if that makes no sense.) Corrupt Jungle could have Evil Witch Doctors, & Crimson Jungle could have Flesh Zombie-lookin Jungle Animals, like maybe Flesh Zombie Tigers?

I feel like this cross-biome crap shouldn't be in the game. It will make the jungle too confusing. If we have it, there will be too much chaos happening. Hallow enemies, corruption enemies, and crimson enemies will fuse with the jungle to make it complex. If any of them has a rare drop, the player risks loosing their jungle if they try to farm for it.

I feel like this cross-biome crap shouldn't be in the game. It will make the jungle too confusing. If we have it, there will be too much chaos happening. Hallow enemies, corruption enemies, and crimson enemies will fuse with the jungle to make it complex. If any of them has a rare drop, the player risks loosing their jungle if they try to farm for it.
If that was true though, then that would mean the snow and desert biome are already too confusing and complex since they also mix with hallow, corruption and crimson. You also wouldn't be at risk of losing the jungle, since all the normal jungle content would still be there and you'd be able to use the clentaminator to clean it up.

If that was true though, then that would mean the snow and desert biome are already too confusing and complex since they also mix with hallow, corruption and crimson. You also wouldn't be at risk of losing the jungle, since all the normal jungle content would still be there and you'd be able to use the clentaminator to clean it up.
Which is why I never enter these biomes once hardmode starts. Also you would risk 10 hours to clean everything up.

Which is why I never enter these biomes once hardmode starts. Also you would risk 10 hours to clean everything up.
If you're using a clentaminator, it should take you between 10-20 minutes to clean up a large area underground that you have easy access too. 10 hours is more like the time it might take for someone to clean out all the corruption and hallow in the entire world.

If you're using a clentaminator, it should take you between 10-20 minutes to clean up a large area underground that you have easy access too. 10 hours is more like the time it might take for someone to clean out all the corruption and hallow in the entire world.
Can confirm, it takes about that time to get every last block of one of the two...with a map viewer. It takes much longer to get it out without one.

10-20 minutes isn't right when you're being bombarded by the hardest of Pre-Plantera enemies while doing so.

Maybe early in hardmode it's like that, but later on those enemies aren't difficult to deal with at all (unless you're playing expert mode).
They are hard. So difficult, that I can't afford to breathe when fighting these guys. Later on they aren't as hard, but by that point, you have no more need to keep the jungle.

They are hard. So difficult, that I can't afford to breathe when fighting these guys. Later on they aren't as hard, but by that point, you have no more need to keep the jungle.
Chlorophyte for DCU... life hearts (as they take a while to find)... farming mob loot... farming plantera... aesthetics. I sure do like the jungle though, it is all wet, and has nice colors: blue and green, and when a turtle is around, red. Lots and lots of red.

Chlorophyte for DCU... life hearts (as they take a while to find)... farming mob loot... farming plantera... aesthetics. I sure do like the jungle though, it is all wet, and has nice colors: blue and green, and when a turtle is around, red. Lots and lots of red.
I mean by the time that the enemies aren't as hard to combat, you have already made it to getting ready to trigger the Lunar Events, and practically no longer have a need for the jungle.

Can you imagine a corrupt/crimson version of Plantera? *shudders*
That would be kinda game breaking because you need the normal jungle to spawn him. In a world where the jungle is fully taken by the evil biome, even if you could spawn Plantera, he would become enraged because he left the REAL jungle.

That would be kinda game breaking because you need the normal jungle to spawn him. In a world where the jungle is fully taken by the evil biome, even if you could spawn Plantera, he would become enraged because he left the REAL jungle.
That's the point - make a special alternate version of Plantera for each of the two evil biomes.

Well atleast make it so that they won't progress the game. Make them optional bosses like Duke Fishron.
Why? Protecting the jungle is a pain in the :red: and shouldn't be necessary for game progression.
[doublepost=1468846460,1468846401][/doublepost]You would still get rewarded for protecting it with an easier UG biome for life fruits & farming, and maybe an easier Plantera

Why? Protecting the jungle is a pain in the :red: and shouldn't be necessary for game progression.
[doublepost=1468846460,1468846401][/doublepost]You would still get rewarded for protecting it with an easier UG biome for life fruits & farming, and maybe an easier Plantera

Well farming the Pirate Invasion for that f:red:ing pirate staff was a pain in the neck, but was necessary for game progression for my class. Some things in life are a pain, and the same goes for this game. If fighting a Corrupted/Crimsoned/Hallowed Plantera will progress you to Late Game, then it will make the game too easy. You won't have to protect the jungle from anything because no matter what happens to it, you will not have to work to revert it back. It would upset the balance of the game. Yes I would like to see the ability to revert the Jungle back, but I would also like to see it as a requirement if the Evil Biome gets to it.
[doublepost=1468849123][/doublepost]Also I would like to make suggestions for the Polls to add three new options.
- I want it fully protected in Normal Mode, but I want it to be able to fuse in Expert Mode.
- I want it fully protected in Normal Mode, but I want no protection from the evil in Expert Mode.
- I want it to be able to fuse in Normal Mode, but I want no protection from the evil in Expert Mode.

Back
Top Bottom