Slow Terraria

Loringo

Terrarian
Hi everbody! I hope you understand what I will say, sometimes my english is weak...

To the question: my Terraria, version 1.3.something (4?) for pc is very slow, with breaks. I mean, this is a pc issue, not from Terraria, but I dont get why I have this problem since its a new pc, altought not one designed for games. Here is some info about my pc, to see if you cab help me check the problem:
1) Its a Acer Swift 3 (notebook, whatever you call it...its not a desktop PC with a tower)
2) Windows 10 x64....that means a lot I suppose, because I simply hate a windows with no possibility to turn of the Antimalware function, and that brings me to:
3) I can see that the Antimalware is always active and stealing 100 mb of memory.
4) The pc seems to have two graphic boards: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA Geforce MX150
5) Its an InterlCore i5 8250U CPU, 1,60 ghz, 8gb Ram computer

Thanks for your help!

I have the same issues with Terraria. It runs VERY slow and I have to jump through some hoops to make it run faster, but not up to full speed.

There are some tricks, like turning on Frame Skip under Settings/Video in game. That usually gets the game to a playable speed. Lowering other settings like the lighting settings or graphic quality may also help.

Well, I tought I solved the problem, for several weeks, with an update on drivers. Meanwhile, for some reason, the game is slow again. I really dont get it...

Hi everbody! I hope you understand what I will say, sometimes my english is weak...

To the question: my Terraria, version 1.3.something (4?) for pc is very slow, with breaks. I mean, this is a pc issue, not from Terraria, but I dont get why I have this problem since its a new pc, altought not one designed for games. Here is some info about my pc, to see if you cab help me check the problem:
1) Its a Acer Swift 3 (notebook, whatever you call it...its not a desktop PC with a tower)
2) Windows 10 x64....that means a lot I suppose, because I simply hate a windows with no possibility to turn of the Antimalware function, and that brings me to:
3) I can see that the Antimalware is always active and stealing 100 mb of memory.
4) The pc seems to have two graphic boards: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA Geforce MX150
5) Its an InterlCore i5 8250U CPU, 1,60 ghz, 8gb Ram computer

Thanks for your help!
Update your GPU drivers. Make sure that you running game with MX150.

Also try the uninstall and reinstall the NET. Frameworks and XNA.

Ok, thanks for the hints!
By the way, how can I ensure that I will be using just the Mx150? Where I do that?

Ok, thanks for the hints!
By the way, how can I ensure that I will be using just the Mx150? Where I do that?
Bring your mouse icon over the Terraria, then click the Right Mouse Button, there's a should be a option that says "Use High-Performance NVİDİA GPU" or something like that.

Also, you can select your GPU on Nvidia Control Panel.

Sorry, i can't give any other hints 'cause i'm currently using an AMD GPU.

Back
Top Bottom