Resolved [SOLVED] Terraria won't Launch (1.4.4.9 - Steam)

Saulley Aullive

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hi, When I try launching terraria on steam, the play button will change to blue, and steam will notify that I'm now playing terraria, but only for a few seconds, then the play button turns green again and nothing happens.

I reintalled it today, the last time I played terraria was around 6 month ago and it wasn't installed since then.

I tried the following:
- Installing Visual C++ dependencies
- Allowing Terraria through my Firewall
- Updating my .Net frameworks.

I saw online that the next step was to put [-logerrors -logfile] in the launch options of the game, which I did, I am now left with the file attached to my post. I don't really know what I should do with the informations inside. I'll paste the content here in case you don't want to download any file from a stranger on the internet (which is a completely sane feeling to have).

Error Logging Enabled.
================
20/09/2023 18:58:03: First-Chance Exception
Thread: 1 [Main Thread]
Culture: fr-FR
Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Impossible de charger le type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix' à partir de l'assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553'.
à Terraria.Program.RunGame()
à Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
HResult: -2146233054
================

================
20/09/2023 18:58:03: Unhandled Exception
Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Impossible de charger le type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix' à partir de l'assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553'.
à Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)
================

I also saw that someone with an issue that seemed similar to mine found that something was off with their XNA frameworks, but it was 2 years ago, can anyone tell me what is an XNA framework, and how can I check if everything is where it should be?

Thanks for reading, I really hope someone can help me with this, terraria is my favourite game and I really wanted to try and get the last 5 achievementI'm missing today. :(

Attachments

• Log_20230920185803853.log
    1,001 bytes · Views: 56
What version of the frameworks did you install? According to the logs it is version 4.0.0.0 which is outdated. If I remember correctly the correct version is 6.0

(Based on language of the client logs I write it also in French):
Que version des Microsoft Frameworks tu a installé? En le fichier LOG est ecrit que tu a installé la version 4.0.0.0 que est ancienne. Quand mes souvenirs sont correctes la version correcte est 6.0

Hi, I don't really know, I followed the steps on gameserror(.)com, which only required to use windows update to check if there were any updates and to install them if there were. I'm going to check how to update the frameworks manually right now.

I don't really understand what I'm doing wrong, I just installed "Microsoft .NET SDK 6.0.414" which was the most recent on microsoft(.)com, then rebooted my PC, then tried launching Terraria, but it stills says on the new log file :

'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0,

whichi is the line you were reffering to I think. Is there a step in the installation of a framework I'm missing?

A quick upate :

I tried Launching TmodLoader, I don't know anything about code, but I guessed that if one game couldn't launch, surely the other couldn't either.
I failed, It told me something about terraria not being updated to the last patch, and me not being connected to my one drive???
So I uninstalled terraria, and reinstalled it, connected to my one drive, and TmodLoader launches just fine.

But Terraria still won't ;(

Another Update :

Regarding the Microsoft XNA frameworks, I downloaded and installed this one :
1695384187891.png

Though when I chek if it is installed, in my folder it only goes up to v4 :
1695384255344.png

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong in the installation for it to tell me everything installed fine, but then not appearing in my folders...

Edit : I did check if my computer was in x64 or not, Here are the info if it can help, it's in french though :
1695384563335.png

Ok, I also installed the 7.0, and found both of them, for some reason they aren't located in the same folders as the rests of them :
1695385111943.png

But it still doesn't matter, terraria won't use them and keep telling me the 4.0 misses something :

Error Logging Enabled.
================
22/09/2023 14:18:49: First-Chance Exception
================

================
22/09/2023 14:18:49: Unhandled Exception
à Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)
================

What you installed there are two modern versions of the .NET SDK - a software development kit which, as the name suggests, is for software development and totally unrelated in this situation. Terraria uses .NET Framework which is an ancient old version and should be properly installed on your system already, otherwise the game wouldn't launch at all.
Instead you should try uninstalling your XNA Framework install (if possible) and re-run the installer from the Terraria installation folder.

Back
Top Bottom