Speculation: The Thorn Hook and Seedler were originally intended to be Jungle Mimic drops

IndigoRage

Terrarian
All were introduced in 1.3, the Thorn Hook has the same stats as the other 1.3 mimic hooks, and the Seedler is very odd in that it was accessible via both fishing and the Plantera loot pool and does not resemble a fish like all other fished weapons.

Last edited:
I think that is the case. The Jungle Mimic was going to be used originally, but then it was decided to not use the Jungle Mimic back during 1.3. So items the Jungle Mimic may've gotten at the time were moved to Plantera.

I don't know for certain what the reasoning was behind not using the Jungle Mimic, but that is reasonable.

Might be misremembering, but I thought the Thorn Hook got a small buff sometime during 1.4 due to being further along in progression compared to the other biome mimic hooks. It has been awhile though so that might not be the case.

There is a very high probability this was the case. Maybe it's cause the Jungle is already so chaotic but any speculation on what the ranged weapon, magic weapon, and accessory would have been?

I think that is the case. The Jungle Mimic was going to be used originally, but then it was decided to not use the Jungle Mimic back during 1.3. So items the Jungle Mimic may've gotten at the time were moved to Plantera.

I don't know for certain what the reasoning was behind not using the Jungle Mimic, but that is reasonable.

Might be misremembering, but I thought the Thorn Hook got a small buff sometime during 1.4 due to being further along in progression compared to the other biome mimic hooks. It has been awhile though so that might not be the case.
There don't seem to be an accessory, magic, or ranged weapons that fit with the Jungle Mimic. I wonder if that's indicative that they just couldn't come up with three more jungle themed items for the loot pool?

Hmm. I guess in that case there is that possibility. Seeing as the Wasp Gun is a 1.2 Plantera drop that wouldn't work. Plus no other magic or ranged weapons were added as hard-mode jungle boss drop/ported over from fishing let alone fit the theme as an item added in 1.3. or 1.3.x

Hmm. I guess in that case there is that possibility. Seeing as the Wasp Gun is a 1.2 Plantera drop that wouldn't work. Plus no other magic or ranged weapons were added as hard-mode jungle boss drop/ported over from fishing let alone fit the theme as an item added in 1.3. or 1.3.x
Spore sack could have originally been intended to be a mimic drop at a stretch. It's not as busted as some of the other expert drops and it only really fits plantera in color scheme.

Back
Top Bottom