Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I was reading the wiki entry about the Staff of Regrowth and noticed this:
The Staff is the tool of choice to increase herb yields, especially from Farming.
  • When harvesting plants from Pots and Planter Boxes, an auto-swinging staff will only collect blooming herbs at remarkable speed, and leave the other variants unaffected. This guarantees a yield of Seeds and also removes the danger of wasting a plant by accident (i.e. when using a pickaxe).
  • Over natural blocks, however, the Staff can harvest non-blooming versions of herbs, and even forces the full-grown versions to drop seeds. This is useful to get seeds for plants that bloom rarely, e.g. Deathweed and Fireblossom.
From this thread Working as Designed - Staff of Regrowth allows to collect full herb yield from non-blooming plant , I know that being to harvest non-blooming weeds on pots and normal tiles with the staff is intended behavior, but is it also intended behavior to not let the same interaction happen with planter boxes?
I know a benefit from using the planter boxes is that the staff will only harvest blooming herbs from them, so you don't have to carefully pick them out and you can just spam the thing without being afraid of destroying the other ones, but I just thought that it was weird that only planter boxes don't benefit from that interaction with the staff.

Planter Boxes are treated specially in this regard as they are specifically intended for growing herbs.

I see, would've been very convenient to be able to use the staff to gather non-blooming plants on planter boxes but I think I understand the limitations. ;p

Yeah, that would be TOO easy. Really, once you get a Regrowth Staff, your worries are over. It takes VERY little time and effort, and not even many Planter Boxes, to get more than enough plants. Early Regrowth Staff is sooooooo nice, when it actually happens!

Back
Top Bottom