Steam Deck Steam deck issues - centralisation

zouper_masson

Terrarian
So i'm playing on the deck atm, and there's quite some bugs i have to say, so i'll try to make a list here.
Personally i don't use gamepad input, i found that they were very limited, for example i can't find anyway to keep my inventory open and keep moving. I know there's an input for that but it didn't work, so i made my own set up using keyboard inputs. I also had issue using the Dpad shortcuts, pressing the depad input wasn't working. So i end up completly abandoning gamepad input to make my own set up using keyboard & mouse inputs.

Hope it's in the correct section, feel free to add your own.
------------------------------------------------------------
- First one is known i feel, the smart cursor doesn't work on the deck if you're using keyboard input. It works for the joystick input tho allowing us somewhat of a workaround.
Edit : The issue has been fixed, don't know when but if anybody go this one yet let us know.

-There's seems to be some issue with the steam overlay. When modifying the controller configuration and going back and forth from the steam UI and the game I end up with no more steam overlay. I can't access the steam menu nor the gamescope menu (the "..." button). Forced to shut down the deck to exit the game.

-The issue with the overlay seems to appears in game too, i often have some white noise flickering while exploring the map.

-The keyboard prompt (steam button + X) isn't working in game, when i try to "rename" a chest i simply can't, the UI is in "rename mode" but pressing backspace on the screen keyboard does nothing. I've yet to try while docked with a physical keyboard.
Edit : The issue has been fixed, don't know when but if anybody go this one yet let us know.

-The game doesn't launch when offline. I went on a weekend without an internet connection, turned off the wifi and while my other games were launching Terraria simply won't. A user on the steam forum reported this one and say that the game will launch after some times. I'd say it's more that 5 min then cause i did wait quite long enough.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I'll edit this post if some users encounter other steam deck related issues.

Last edited:
So i don't know for how long, i did watch the patch note and never saw any info about the smart cursor or the mention of the steam deck, but some issues seems to be fixed.
Got back into Terraria yesterday and smart cursor is working as naming chest with the steam UI keyboard.

I don't have the map issue as Viesta, i did had some graphical glitch back when i first tried the game, i played i'd say for 2/3 hours since 2 days and haven't had those yet.
The steam UI tho is still quite, i don't know how to say it, but it feels like it struggling. And i did had a crash (the deck rebooted) when going back and forth into the steam uI configuration a bit to quickly.

Such a great game on the deck, hours of battery, so much to do. :)

edit : ho i didn't try to launch the game in offline mode tho.
edit 2 : yeah sadly i've just tried to launch the game without the wifi and it doesn't work. This one is a big one. :'(
No Terraria on the go yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom