PC Terraria crashing pc when launched

Gdr -

Terrarian
i've played terraria on pc for about a year on my current build, the game ran like it was supposed to. it worked fine on my old laptop too (it still works). but now, if i try to boot the game on my desktop, it instantly crashes and makes all of my fans spin way to fast and then restart.

specs :
Radeon software version - 19.9.2
Radeon software edition - Adrenalin 2019
GPU - Radeon RX Vega 56
Windows 10 (64 bit)
16 GB ram
Cpu - ryzen 5 2600

also, when i use steam to verify my game's files, this message pops-up but it won't dowload the missing file:
(translated) : 1 file wasn't approved and will be downloaded again

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 56
seems like deleting the my games/terraria files fixed the issue, i've been trying to fix this for 2 hours straight

Edit: fullscreen is the issue here, when disabled it works

Last edited:
It even restarts Windows?
Judging from that and your fans going mental, I'd try removing all video card drivers, restart the PC, and do a clean install of the drivers.
If that doesn't work, you'd probably need to dive into Windows' Event Viewer to see what's going on.

Don't worry about that file Steam's going on about. I forgot what it was, but I'm sure it's not important. (It happens for me as well.)

well thanks for your answer. Now that i think about it csgo seemed to crash too but i didn't try windowed mode. and well, terraria and csgo are both running directX 9

i've reinstalled my video drivers and i'm gonna try fullscreen again. i might edit this if anything happens

it worked, i'm in fullscreen mode, Thank you for helping me, i was going to get mad if this happened again.
you are a life saver

EDIT: it crashed again, i reinstalled the drivers again and it still crashed with fans going crazy

Last edited:
Any reason why you're not using DirectX 10? You should probably upgrade.

At this point you should look in your event viewer for more info about what is going on.
Let your game/PC crash again, then click the start button, type "Event Viewer".
Under Windows Logs -> both System and Application, look for yellow and red exclamation marks around the time your game/PC crashed.
They should provide some background about what's happening.

tried with the event viewer, nothing comes up when the crash happens, not even a single log.

before trying the terraria log method, i saw that steam wanted me to download the game, wich i already did. apparently, steam sometime forgets that i installed a game and tries to redownload it, but only finds files. this times, it doesn't and it's downloading the entire game

it seems like the game works when it wants to : this time i have a log file, the first part was written when the game was working, the second made me crash

Attachments

• Log_20191029143758993.log
    494 bytes · Views: 80
Not much to see in that log, I'm afraid.
Anyway, I don't think I can help you. Your PC seems to have some major underlying problems; it's not Terraria, that much is clear.

Hopefully someone else will have some ideas.

Not much to see in that log, I'm afraid.
Anyway, I don't think I can help you. Your PC seems to have some major underlying problems; it's not Terraria, that much is clear.

Hopefully someone else will have some ideas.

UPDATE: disabling cldflt.sys (one of onedrive's files) fixed almost ALL of my pc's issues :)

Back
Top Bottom