Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
When I click to start connected to the internet the game starts without any problem but when I am offline without internet the game does not start, it appears in the task manager but in the background.

What do you recommend I do? I reinstalled and the same problem continues.

It works for me - eventually. After about 3 minutes or so, it started up fine. (I turned off my wi-fi, then launched the game from the Steam client)

I think the Steam client attempts to connect, and eventually gives up. In general, Steam wants you to be online - that's the basis of their lightweight DRM.
If you have players/worlds in the Steam cloud (which I do), there may be an attempt to connect to the cloud before full startup.

So, I would try it again, and just wait to see if it eventually starts.
Also, be aware that after playing offline for a while, Steam may require you to connect online periodically to re-register your valid ownership of the game.

Yeah I can’t help. I play mobile and Terraria works even if my phone says No Service which only happens if I’m in the middle of the desert or underground. And terraria still works!

I guess for now I will only be able to play with the internet until an update fixes it if it's not my PC.

When I click to start connected to the internet the game starts without any problem but when I am offline without internet the game does not start, it appears in the task manager but in the background.

What do you recommend I do? I reinstalled and the same problem continues.
it's an issue with steam. i had this when i used to play the sims 4, every so often steam wants/needs (?) to connect. i don't really know why it does, though.

Steam only uses a connection to synchronize your save state, even has an offline mode to disable that entirely; games need to implement checks like that themselves. Terraria in this case only checks if it can connect to steam, which will work if steam is running and you have it actually installed in steam.

Back
Top Bottom