Pixel Art Terraria Spriting Carnival 2

AND BECAUSE IT CAME INTO MY MIND I MADE AN ICE VERSION OF IT. (ALSO MADE THE HANDLES LONGER)View attachment 213872

A word of advice: Swords in Terraria tend to be much smaller than that. Currently, the largest sword in the game is the Breaker Blade, which has a 70 x 80 resolution. (35 x 40 in single pixels)
This isn't necessarily a hard limit, but wildly deviating from that isn't usually a good idea. Plus, smaller sprites take less time to make and polish; it's usually advised to start small so you can hone your technique before trying something more ambitious.
Another important factor is that detail is proportional to size. Scaling up the resolution of your sprite can make it look bland and empty if you don't add additional features. The reverse is also true; trying to cram too much detail into a tiny sprite can make it cluttered and unreadable. It's generally a good idea to figure out the size you want to work with, and add details accordingly. Or, if you're hard-set on a certain design, you may need to size up or shrink down your sprite so it matches.

Not a sprite i made but
Breaker_Blade.png

Shading on handle and blade do need work, though, plus the handle feels too skinny and long to be a part of that sword but then again...
Breaker_Blade.png
The handle is suppossed to be that long on that type of blade (the zanbato)
For reference heres a photo of the blade from the manga i got the original design from
8766001_f520.jpg

I know using someone else's idea is kinda frowned upon but I've been writing a story about someone who uses one and I wanted to make a visual to base it off of and I've also wanted my own personal zanbato design. (The story takes place in a terraria world)

The handle is suppossed to be that long on that type of blade (the zanbato)
For reference heres a photo of the blade from the manga i got the original design from
View attachment 213922
I know using someone else's idea is kinda frowned upon but I've been writing a story about someone who uses one and I wanted to make a visual to base it off of and I've also wanted my own personal zanbato design. (The story takes place in a terraria world)
Oh, I didn't have a problem with your sprite concept itself, just the shading and detail and banding. Your zanbato is perfectly fine, though looking at the images of said zanbato, you probably want to saw off around 1/2 of the handle (It's long, but not as long as the blade itself...)

Oh, I didn't have a problem with your sprite concept itself, just the shading and detail and banding. Your zanbato is perfectly fine, though looking at the images of said zanbato, you probably want to saw off around 1/2 of the handle (It's long, but not as long as the blade itself...)
That photo does not show the full handle but i understand what you're saying and i will take that into consideration. Thank you for the feedback
[doublepost=1543503302,1543503280][/doublepost]
That photo does not show the full handle but i understand what you're saying and i will take that into consideration. Thank you for the feedback.

YES, I KNOW ITS GIGANTIC BUT ILL RESIZE AND CROP IT WHEN IM DONE ALSO PLEASE DONT JUDGE ME ON THE HAIR TO HARD IM NOT THAT GOOD AT DOING HAIR AND IM WORKING TO MAKE IT BETTER. IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS RIGHT NOW.
character template.png

YES, I KNOW ITS GIGANTIC BUT ILL RESIZE AND CROP IT WHEN IM DONE ALSO PLEASE DONT JUDGE ME ON THE HAIR TO HARD IM NOT THAT GOOD AT DOING HAIR AND IM WORKING TO MAKE IT BETTER. IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS RIGHT NOW.
View attachment 213997
If you are doing terraria sprites its best you do them in 2x2 pixels or 1x1 and rezise it to 2x2. You should never work in resolutions higher than intended because it will look wierd and messy.

Last edited:
I
If you are doing terraria sprites its best you do them in 2x2 pixels or 1x1 and rezise it to 2x2. You should never work in resolutions higher than intended because it will looks wierd and messy.
I KNOW IM GOING TO FIX THAT I JUST HAVE IT BIGGER RIGHT NOW SO I CAN OBSERVE IT MORE CLOSELY FASTER, BUT THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK.

Back
Top Bottom