Terraria Version 1.2.4 (Current Version) Crashing Bug Cause

Jet1755

Spazmatism
So when I updated to the latest (and current) version of Terraria on my iPhone, I found I couldn't open up any worlds. I did some research on this, I deleted a few worlds and reloaded and I figured out that the chests are actually the cause of the crashes. I tested this out on an iPad and it seemed that chests will not crash the iPad (Although you can only open a chest with an empty slot hand). So to be 100% sure, I loaded up a new world on my phone where there were no chests in site so my game wouldn't crash. I connected up my iPad, which I had brought a chest with. I placed the chest on the iPad in front of my character on my phone, and immediately the game crashed. All of the reports of constant crashing I believe are actually cause by chests that are rendered when the world is opened, crashing the game. It seems once you get in range of a chest, or close to a chest your game will crash.

So, on an iPhone 6 the game will crash because of chests. I was also using an older iPad model where the game would not crash, although the only way to open a chest is with an empty slot hand which is another bug.

Back
Top Bottom