PC Texture pack wall textures not substituted for the original.

Nyenoidz

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hello! I am Nyenoidz, the creator of the High Contrast Texture pack. Recently I have been working on wall texture and have come across an issue: My texture packs walls were not replacing the original walls in any world. I am aware that some walls have a natural and crafted version, so I am somewhat hesitant to report this bug with much certainty. As a texture pack creator, I rely on the Terraria Wiki heavily and I am aware that there is still tons of work for the Wiki to be completely perfect and accurate.

Down below I have some images of the original wall texture and the edited wall textures (manually placed by me) existing in the same world.
Grass Wall.
Capture 2021-07-29 14_06_15.png

Dirt Wall. (I have done the Layered, Crumbling and Wavy Dirt walls. Both the natural and crafted variants. They work fine. Does a natural and crafted variant exist for all naturally placed walls?)
Capture 2021-07-29 14_07_12.png

Obsidian Brick Wall (hard to see).
Capture 2021-07-29 14_10_01.png

Hellstone Brick Wall
Capture 2021-07-29 14_10_52.png

Jungle Wall
Capture 2021-07-29 14_13_50.png

Hive Wall
Capture 2021-07-29 14_14_08.png

indeed they are different textures

this is a list of all wall ids, im pretty sure each one also has its own texture and as you can see each natural wall has its own separate id from the crafted variant
crafted dirt wall is id 16 whereas naturally placed one is 3

you could use this to make them different and easier to tell apart

Back
Top Bottom