tModLoader The One Ring to Rule them all.

May I know why? Why it is considered 'not very nice', or bad etiquette? Nobody ever says why, they just say it is, and to me it makes no sense whatsoever. It's a written discussion thread. The whole point of writing stuff is that it typically has a longer impact than spoken words.

It's the one, main thread about this mod
. You'd think people should be allowed to say something about it there without other people feeling insulted about it. So I'd genuinely would like to ask you guys, since you seem to know the answer. Why, exactly, is it bad to post in a thread that wasn't updated in a while, given that what is posted is related to the subject matter? What is 'not nice' about the 'necroing' deal?

And specifically to you, Ieqesai, just because 'the only reason you see' is the only reason you see does not make the only reason. If you re-read what I posted, I suggested a possible course of action for the last person who posted before me who was apparently disatisfied with the re-balanced version of the mod, even though the original version is still there to be downloaded. My post was an attempt to help out said person, and I simply used the opportunity to thank the creator while I was at it, as well as explaining why I was so grateful, so that possible other Omnir's Mod users could see the same value I saw in this mod. I was adding to the conversation, which is helpful, in addition to thanking the creator, which last time I checked does not hurt anyone.

To be honest I'm not sure why it is the way it is. It is just an established social norm across forums.
I believe it may have something to do with bringing non-relevant topics back from the depths.

This is the one main thread about this mod because the mod has been dead for years, as far as I can tell. Your initial post (albeit helpful) was responding to a post that had already necro'd the thread. The most recent post above that was in 2017. The mod isn't available on the mod browser as far as I'm aware and for good reason. It has been dead for a long time. I like the mod and I don't think being nice is a problem. My initial response was intended to be informative more than anything else because necro'ing topics is generally regarded as poor forum etiquette (for whatever reason).

To be honest I'm not sure why it is the way it is. It is just an established social norm across forums.
I believe it may have something to do with bringing non-relevant topics back from the depths.

This is the one main thread about this mod because the mod has been dead for years, as far as I can tell. Your initial post (albeit helpful) was responding to a post that had already necro'd the thread. The most recent post above that was in 2017. The mod isn't available on the mod browser as far as I'm aware and for good reason. It has been dead for a long time. I like the mod and I don't think being nice is a problem. My initial response was intended to be informative more than anything else because necro'ing topics is generally regarded as poor forum etiquette (for whatever reason).

See, that's the thing. Every single time I ask, nobody ever knows why it's not okay, just that it apparently is. It's like people just blindly accept, without ever wondering why, that it's unacceptable, but nobody has any idea why. As if reasons and causes meant nothing to rules and consequences. 'It's wrong to do this, because doing this is bad.' :p And if it has to do with bringing in topics that are irrelevant, then it is nonsensical for people to be bothered by necroing when it is, actually, relevant; is my point. Thanks for your response and honesty, by the way.

As a side note, it very much is on the mod browser. I downloaded it from there. In fact, I found it there in the first place, I didn't know it existed before I saw it.

I'll be honest, with all due respect... until someone can give me an actual reason as to why it's supposed to be a bad thing, as far as I'm concerned, there is none and it's something dumb someone came up at some point and everyone seemingly agreed without even questioning it.

'In France, it's illegal to name a pig Napoleon'. And apparently, on the internet, you can't response to a thread after an indefinite, subjective, indistinct period of time without offending people for no apparent reason. What a strange world we live in.

Thanks for your time, and attempt at explaining this.

See, that's the thing. Every single time I ask, nobody ever knows why it's not okay, just that it apparently is. It's like people just blindly accept, without ever wondering why, that it's unacceptable, but nobody has any idea why. As if reasons and causes meant nothing to rules and consequences. 'It's wrong to do this, because doing this is bad.' :p And if it has to do with bringing in topics that are irrelevant, then it is nonsensical for people to be bothered by necroing when it is, actually, relevant; is my point. Thanks for your response and honesty, by the way.

As a side note, it very much is on the mod browser. I downloaded it from there. In fact, I found it there in the first place, I didn't know it existed before I saw it.

I'll be honest, with all due respect... until someone can give me an actual reason as to why it's supposed to be a bad thing, as far as I'm concerned, there is none and it's something dumb someone came up at some point and everyone seemingly agreed without even questioning it.

'In France, it's illegal to name a pig Napoleon'. And apparently, on the internet, you can't response to a thread after an indefinite, subjective, indistinct period of time without offending people for no apparent reason. What a strange world we live in.

Thanks for your time, and attempt at explaining this.

It is?
Thanks for pointing this out. I should have checked before running my mouth.

It is?
Thanks for pointing this out. I should have checked before running my mouth.

Yep! I thought of looking for it specifically when I learned that the One Ring was no longer/not yet in Omnir's Mod, and sure enough, there it was. There wasn't a lot of detail in the Browser's description, so I looked for a tMod page, and here I am.

May I know why? Why it is considered 'not very nice', or bad etiquette? Nobody ever says why, they just say it is, and to me it makes no sense whatsoever. It's a written discussion thread. The whole point of writing stuff is that it typically has a longer impact than spoken words. Some engravings were made thousands of years ago and we're still talking about them today. Why is it such a crime to join a thread a couple of years, or months, old?

It's the one, main thread about this mod. You'd think people should be allowed to say something about it there without other people feeling insulted about it. So I'd genuinely would like to ask you guys, since you seem to know the answer. Why, exactly, is it bad to post in a thread that wasn't updated in a while, given that what is posted is related to the subject matter? What is 'not nice' about the 'necroing' deal?

And specifically to you, Ieqesai, just because 'the only reason you see' is the only reason you see does not make the only reason. If you re-read what I posted, I suggested a possible course of action for the last person who posted before me who was apparently disatisfied with the re-balanced version of the mod, even though the original version is still there to be downloaded. My post was an attempt to help out said person, and I simply used the opportunity to thank the creator while I was at it, as well as explaining why I was so grateful, so that possible other Omnir's Mod users could see the same value I saw in this mod. I was adding to the conversation, which is helpful, in addition to thanking the creator, which last time I checked does not hurt anyone.
Personally, I don't like "old", old dead mods being necro'd and showing up thinking their new, but no, it's just a post made YEARS after the previous post, that's why

Back
Top Bottom