Member-Run Project The Revived Terrarian Library

Can I Get Uhhh

Spazmatism
Hello, and welcome to the most sacred library you can possibly find in these vast and creepy forums. After waiting some time, the old thread (The Real Terrarian Library) was just a complete mess and I have chosen to revive this thread with a much more sustainable and organized system.

If you guys haven't seen my old thread, I'll explain what this is. In this library you guys will read all about everything Terraria, but better. YOU can choose what you want to know about, whether it'd be how did the Golem get created? Why do we get Potion sickness? What's the secret ingredient in Pumpkin Pie? You ask us and we shall delve for an answer.

Any art, fan art, questions, and feedback is greatly accepted here. Feel free to apply for the team, it costs you nothing but your writing and creativity. And for the users who asked their questions in the past in my old thread and haven't got an answer, trust me, you'll get one now.

If you'd like to apply send me a PM, and I'll directly forward you if our team feels like you're worthy enough to be one of us. If you'd like to subscribe, say so and you'd be tagged in every issue we make.

The team:
@LeSilentBisbarb [Editor]
@Raichu Sonic [Editor]
@Thaseus [Writer]
@drok0920 [Ideas Manager]
@Typhoon [Leader and Writer]

This system follows a one similar to the Fallen Star Bestiary, sadly that project is shutting down and they're team is heading down to different depths for a new work. So, their system has numbers of issues (not issues as in problems, but copies), in each one they have a subject whether be in Bunnies, Moths, Duke Fishron etc. This one is quite the same, there is a new issue every week, hopefully. Issues in this case are called books and in each one there's 10 questions. Our members take turns posting the books. So stay tuned!

Book 1 [WIP]

Last edited:
Welcome to the 1st issue of the terrarian library. This issue, we will post questions that we felt needed to be improved. In addition to that, we will have a writers special every issue, that describes some event that ties into a question.

For the first question:

Who put all the chests underground?
In the era of Tythemious, there were many cities scattered on the surface. It was a pretty decent time, as they had had all the things they needed to survive, such as shelter, food, security, sanity, and socialization. Then the unpredictable happened. There was a huge earthquake with magnitude 10.0, the same exact one as the one that launched the Floating Islands in the air. The earthquake shook the world so much that the land itself capsized. The cities were all but destroyed in this process, due to their weak building material. However, several of the townhouses were made of wood, a stronger material than asphalt. Those wooden houses you see are actually houses that were in the towns of Tythemious. The chests inside those houses are the chests that terrarians had in their day to day, before the earthquake, of course. Some chests were tossed so much by the earthquake that there were even some chests on the surface, as well as some other chests without houses underground. The materials in the chests are what the Tythemians had in their chests. However, the things in the chests (for example the Magic Mirror) cannot be crafted due to the fact that any written down recipes were destroyed in the earthquake. Because of this, the only way to get these items is to find them.

The second question is:
Why do horror monsters come out during a solar eclipse?

Eclipse creatures, like most creatures, live somewhere in the Underworld. However, at certain times, the moon goes in front of the sun. When this happens, a special wavelength is emitted, a wavelength that is almost as fast as light. The exotic wave, called a phi wave, is made from the Terrarian Moon. The Terrarian Moon sends out special phi waves all the time, which is what causes night creatures to come out at night. However, because phi waves are sensitive to heavy light from the sun, they can turn into zeta waves when exposed to sunlight, which is what happens during a solar eclipse. Solar Eclipse horror monsters have a special sensory organ that can sense zeta waves, which causes them to emerge and go on a rampage. However, when it becomes night, phi waves are emitted again, because the sun is not there to change the wave. The eclipse monsters don't like the wave that is emitted, and they retreat deep underground to avoid sensing it.

And for the final question....:
What is Ectoplasm like?

Ectoplasm is a material like no other, with amazing abilities. For one, Ectoplasm is a solid with surprising abilities. It can float in the air without any external support. In addition to that, it is also the lightest possible form of matter you can find on Terraria, or on any other world, for that matter. It also has an undeniably low density, even lighter than Areogel. In addition to it's other properties, Ectoplasm is hollow and practically fragile. You can easily move your hand right through it. it is, however, not recommended to do so. It deals extreme pain and can cause severe injuries. It's deemed that this type of item is truly accursed and vile.

Dungeon Spirits drop this valuable material. These spooky spirits are released when its original body has been killed. According to myth, dungeon spirits are spirits doomed to an eternity of suffering, and Ectoplasm is the last bit of emotion that the spirit discards as it goes to the Otherworld

This object is also a mystical form of communication. When the original body has been killed, the soul of that body has been moved to the Otherworld. In the Otherworld, the body's soul is hidden. You can hold the Ectoplasm, and talk to the soul whom the Ectoplasm belonged to. After one to two days,the soul looses it's connection to Terraria, and you cannot contact the soul.

And for the writers special:
Writers Special: The Earthquake of Tythemia:
In the age of Tythemeus, there were many cities scattered across terraria. Humanity thrived, monsters were eradicated, and science and mathematics led to new technology. In the year 2154, an excavation team, searching for more adamantite, happened upon a cave. Inside, they found a pulsating orb. One of them smashed it open, and a musket was inside. Thinking nothing of it, the team took a sample of the orb and left.

Then, in the year 2156, a meteorite crashed into Terraria. It landed in the ocean, and annihilated everything within a two hundred mile radius. The effects were catastrophic. Entire cities were destroyed. Monsters started sprouting up everywhere. Worst of all, a purple grass started sprouting up, and from it came the worst monsters of all. Many tried to stop this, but their efforts failed. Finally, in a desperate attempt, they created a machine that would take all of the purple and monsters and compress it into a heart-like object, which was sent by teleportation to the underworld. There, it got teleported inside cthuhlu's remains, which made the remains sentinent. Today, this creature is known as the wall of flesh.

The teleportation, however, had disastrous consequences. It caused an earthquake with a magnitude of 10.0. The land itself capsized, dragging everything, including houses, under the earth.

Thank you for these great questions. If you want to ask something, comment below and we'll answer it.

The origin story for bosses (I'm curious specifically on duke fishron, brain of cthulu and eater of worlds) origin being how they came to exist.

Also, can I make a suggestion? I'm going to make it either way, edit you post and place the stories there for a more tidy thread and people not being pissed off by having to check all comments for a story that may not be there.

Why do the goblins and pirates get angry at you, for no reason, then start the armys and invasions?

Last edited:
Who are the cultists? how do the celestial pillars work? Whos the moon lord? who are the NPC's? what is the hallow and why does it spread? who are the martians?

So many questions,yet I think they could not keep up.

Why are there floating islands?

How did the old man get cursed?

Will there be Cthulhu in Terraria?

How does the player reach Terraria in the first place?

Ok, ok, I'll get on it.
I will handle this while I wait for the rest of the team, they haven't done to much sense I posted my last issue.

Back
Top Bottom