Xbox One Toggle aim and toggle cursor is not working.

Antanatta

Terrarian
I'm on Xbox 1 and I've tried fixing it on my own for two weeks now. Which is fine cause I wanted to see if it was me doing it. But no I have tried rebinding and everything undownloading and reinstalling the game and nothing. It does not work. And idk how to fix it. Please help me with this cause it's honestly hard to play with the smart cursor on it moves so slowly on Xbox and I can't do it

We tend to force normal cursor only on items that are ”non-fireable”. That said, regular items (like blocks, weapons, etc.) should be togglable without issues. Could you confirm whether you’re seeing this with all items?

We tend to force normal cursor only on items that are ”non-fireable”. That said, regular items (like blocks, weapons, etc.) should be togglable without issues. Could you confirm whether you’re seeing this with all items?
It is with all items all of my items: weapons blocks, placeables. All of them are stuck on the smart cursor.

It is with all items all of my items: weapons blocks, placeables. All of them are stuck on the smart cursor.
Thanks for following up - a few additional questions I had:

• Within ”Advanced Controller” settings (accessed by going to “Controller > Advanced” in settings), there is an option called “Smart Cursor Toggle”. If it is set to “Always on / Always off”, you will be unable to toggle between the modes. Could you confirm whether this is the case?
  • If the above doesn’t fix your issue, would I be able to request a video of this happening so I can investigate further?

I have the toggle on. So I can press the button instead of holding it. For both.
I believe the setting you’re referring to is “Smart Cursor Mode” in “Advanced Controls”, which specifically handles whether it’s a togglable / held action. ”Smart Cursor Toggle” is a separate setting within “Advanced Controller”, however, which specifically pertains to when smart cursor is on. The options within it are as follows:
  • “By Item Type”. This categorizes smart cursor so that its toggle only reflects on a preset category of item.
  • “For All Items”. This makes the toggle universal for all items.
  • ”Always Off”. This causes the normal cursor to be the only usable cursor - smart cursor is fully disabled. I suspect this may be what you’ve selected on accident.
  • ”Always On”. This causes smart cursor to be the only usable cursor - normal cursor is inaccessible.
Could you confirm whether this specific setting is set to “By Item Type” or ”For All Items”? If it isn’t, does changing it to either of these fix your issues?

Back
Top Bottom