Game Mechanics Toggle NPC Invincibility in Journey Mode

Superstars111

Skeletron Prime
In Journey Mode, there's a toggle button to make the player invincible. My request is that a button be added to make the NPCs invincible as well.

An acceptable (though less flexible) variant in my mind would be to make the existing button also apply to NPCs.

Another alternative (which could be added instead or in addition, but may be more complicated) is to add the ability to respawn NPCs at will.

Reasoning:
Boss fights and raids cause much NPC death. NPC death will be rectified on its own afterwards, but takes time. I find myself waiting for them to respawn so I can use my pylons or buy something from a shop. It'll happen eventually, but when I'm playing Journey Mode, I'm not a big fan of waiting. 😅

Last edited:
In Journey Mode, there's a toggle button to make the player invincible. My request is that a button be added to make the NPCs invincible as well.

An acceptable (though less flexible) variant in my mind would be to make the existing button also apply to NPCs.

Another alternative (which could be added instead or in addition, but may be more complicated) is to add the ability to respawn NPCs at will.

Reasoning:
Boss fights and raids cause much NPC death. NPC death will be rectified on its own afterwards, but takes time. I find myself waiting for them to respawn so I can use my pylons or buy something from a shop. It'll happen eventually, but when I'm playing Journey Mode, I'm not a big fan of waiting. 😅
I like this idea i was worryed that you would suggest make npc defualt imortal having it been a option would be awsome

Nah, I definitely don't think they should be invincible by default.

In theory, there's the idea of having a way to toggle invincibility for each of them separately, but I think that goes perhaps a bit too far. More complex, and with limited applications.

Reasoning:
I love this idea, I have all my NPCs with names I like (James the Clothier, Andrew the guide, Whitney the steampunker) and I get so scared that every time a solar eclipse or martian invasion happens they will die.

Back
Top Bottom