TShock is a server modification for Terraria, written in C#, and based upon the Terraria Server API. It uses JSON for configuration management, and offers a wide variety of features not present in the standard Terraria Server.
- MySQL and SQLite support.
- Permissions to prevent/allow certain actions and commands.
- Multiple administrators with differing levels of control, based on permissions.
- User registration and accounts.
- Reserved slots so administrators can always join.
- User punishment (kicking, banning, muting) for those users who just don't listen to your rules.
Feeling like helping out? Want to find an awesome server? Some awesome plugins?
- Website & Forums - Post threads, download plugins, talk with other people.
- Installation Guide - Learn how to setup your server and begin using TShock.
- TShock Slack - Live chat with other members of our community.
- Wiki - Browse the help documents and learn how to fine tune your TShock experience.
- Getting Started Guide - Learn how to set up your TShock server and use its adminstration features.
Plugins are used to extend the functionality of TShock and the Terraria Server API. You can find plugins in the resource manager on the TShock forums.
Some awesome plugins that are available:
- SEconomy - Non-exploitable server side economy.
- Essentials+ - A pack of essential and useful commands.
- Jump Pads - Send players flying around the map with configurable jump pads
- Forcefields - Sick of being swarmed by mobs? Activate a pushing forcefield to send them flying away. Alternatively, kill them all with an insta-kill forcefield. Pacifist? Heal yourself and your friends with a healing forcefield.
- Creative Mode - Infinite building supplies and handy buffs.
- Github Releases - TShock is open sourced and hosted on Github. Browse the code-base any time!
- Download Archive - View old releases.
The TShock Resources repository on Github is now up to date again!
Want to write your own plugins for TShock?
Learn how now!
- Server Hooks Example - In this tutorial you will learn how to hook into the Server API.
Upon completion of this tutorial, you will have a plugin that writes a player's name and the words they said to the console, every time they send a chat message.
- Chat Censor - In this tutorial you will
- learn to read/write from/to a file
- make your plugin perform an action when TShock's reload command is used
- kick players using TShock's Kick(...) method
- Lava Sucks - In this tutorial you will
- learn to create commands
- learn how to handle raw Terraria packets by using the Terraria Server API (this tutorial covers some usage of the Tile Edit packet)
- learn how to send raw Terraria packets to players
- Plugin Template - Learn how to create the bare bones of a plugin. This is not a tutorial so much as a skeleton. You should be able to copy the code contained in PluginTemplate.cs and use it as the base class for any other plugin (though you should rename it!).
Get your TShock signature banner here
Created by @Patrikk
Banner too big? Try the user bar!
(Also created by @Patrikk)