Texture Pack Vanilla Terraria but with crosses removed from tombstones

The crosses on gravestones never bothered me personally, but I think I might give this a try anyway just to shake things up! You did a great job capturing the feel of the original sprites while giving them a new look.

For starters i really like the wooden ones, look more unique
But if i am 100% honest this is kind of dumb? it's just a game, changing how you play a game because of a religion is... uh... weird, i guess it's the word
But if you prefer it that way, good for you
I am an atheist mind you, but even i never even noticed that they could be a religious symbol, it's such a small thing that i am surprised you noticed to begin with

I was just editing pixel art for fun because the mild annoyance gave me a reason as that one guy said and shared it because i thought I did a good job of it.
Apologies for giving anybody in this thread the notification esp so late after you probably replied but i dont use the forums much so didnt see replies till now and ty to the people who said they liked it. Also i felt like bumping the thread just to spread my texture pack around a little more.
These forums are pretty nice though so might come here more often. Might make another texture pack too to change some armor or something since there are a couple I think could look cooler.
For starters i really like the wooden ones, look more unique
But if i am 100% honest this is kind of dumb? it's just a game, changing how you play a game because of a religion is... uh... weird, i guess it's the word
But if you prefer it that way, good for you
I am an atheist mind you, but even i never even noticed that they could be a religious symbol, it's such a small thing that i am surprised you noticed to begin with
It is dumb ofc but I had fun making it. Doesn't change how I play either.
What about the cross necklace? I'm an athiest and I 100% get your reasoning but if you are gonna get rid of those crosses why not try to deal with the other stuff to keep it consistent?
i know there's stuff like the cross necklace but gravestones are something you see more often and I didn't feel bothered enough to do it since I've never found one in game
The crosses on the tombstones in Terraria do not have anything to do with religion. They weren't put into the game just to insult muslims. Now, you might not be trying to insult Christians, but you are insulting Terraria by thinking it or anything in it has anything to do with religion.
dont think devs care and i dont think they thought anything much of it themselves Crosses are just not the picture that comes to mind when I think of graves bc it's not what I'm used to due to living in a Muslim country for a long time so I changed it. I'm pretty sure also that there are some christian denominations that disagree with cross symbolism so it's not meant to be anything anti christian either.
I picked the name "Halal Terraria" as a meme
Thank you for this, definitely gonna use it. But, the item_3229 and item_3233 looks a bit empty, maybe a little more modification to it would make it better. Just a suggestion.
I thought that too for 3229 and I tried changing it for a while to fill more space but didn't really find anything I liked better than this. 3233 is a bit simplistic also but I think it's fine still. If you'd like to try that one yourself I'd be interested to see what you come up with though.

Last edited:
Another reason to bump the thread: I found out you can rename the items in game, so I've updated the pack.
The Cross Grave Marker and Golden Cross Grave Marker are now called Wooden Grave Marker and Golden Grave Marker respectively.
The Grave Marker is called the Vined Grave Marker because it looks pretty much the same as the wooden one but with vines.
I also changed the Gravestone to Crumbling Headstone because in my resource pack it looks very similar to the Headstone but discoloured and crumbling due to moss and stuff.
Updated version found can be found here and replaced in the original thread post

Attachments

• HalalTerraria.zip
    49.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I dont know why, but actually i love so much this texture pack
Any plans to post it in the steam workshop?

Back
Top Bottom