Console We need mods or tmodloader on console!!

Bruhmoment23

Terrarian
Im making this thread for if terraria ever stops updating which might not even happen
But im here to ask that is there anyway to get mods or tmodloader on console
If mods would come to console the game could blow up again and bring lots of new players to the modding community and terraria wont die on console anytime after it stops updating

Please read this and think about it

I’m pretty sure that red was going to add the popular mods (calamity, thorium, etc.) to console at some point, idk how or when
It could be for the next update
Would be sick
They could do it like mc bedrock when crossplay comes out where if u play with a player that can mod the game then u can import the mod and play his world with mods on

Unfortunately, its not easy due to legal reasons.
I personally see many ways they can, like a built in workshop feature, but its very unlikely.
Maybe we can hope in the future.

Also, please check before you post.
This is the most requested thing on the forums.

Unfortunately, its not easy due to legal reasons.
I personally see many ways they can, like a built in workshop feature, but its very unlikely.
Maybe we can hope in the future.

Also, please check before you post.
This is the most requested thing on the forums.
Ok, thanks for telling me its the most requested
They can try in the future yes
But we can still hope 🙏

I’m pretty sure that red was going to add the popular mods (calamity, thorium, etc.) to console at some point, idk how or when
You have a source for that? I'd be very surprised and interested to see that.

Re-Logic didn't make Calamity, Thorium, etc., nor did they make tModLoader. I doubt they would just take those from the people who created them.

Console makers do not like mods for the most part. It is not part of their business model to allow random, untested content on their networks, and especially not to make it free. Minecraft is owned by a console maker, and even those mods are strictly regulated. Same for Skyrim mods - only certain ones are permitted.
You can't even (legally) share Terraria world/player files on consoles as of yet.

The technical issues of having Terraria mods on console are far outweighed by the business issues and barriers put up by Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo, in my opinion. And pretty much the same goes for crossplay, which is being explored but is not happening soon either.

Re-Logic generally supports the idea, I think, but it is nowhere close to happening, and definitely not in 1.4.5. It is certainly fine to hope it will happen someday, but I wouldn't expect it to happen soon.

Massive w of a reply
You have a source for that? I'd be very surprised and interested to see that.

Re-Logic didn't make Calamity, Thorium, etc., nor did they make tModLoader. I doubt they would just take those from the people who created them.

Console makers do not like mods for the most part. It is not part of their business model to allow random, untested content on their networks, and especially not to make it free. Minecraft is owned by a console maker, and even those mods are strictly regulated. Same for Skyrim mods - only certain ones are permitted.
You can't even (legally) share Terraria world/player files on consoles as of yet.

The technical issues of having Terraria mods on console are far outweighed by the business issues and barriers put up by Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo, in my opinion. And pretty much the same goes for crossplay, which is being explored but is not happening soon either.

Re-Logic generally supports the idea, I think, but it is nowhere close to happening, and definitely not in 1.4.5. It is certainly fine to hope it will happen someday, but I wouldn't expect it to happen soon.
Massive w of a reply
I guess they can maybe settle on making dlcs for money or even for free i mean the people that made those mods to be exact
The new binding of isaac repentance is basically just antibirth but on steroids and that was a mod aswell

Massive w of a reply

Massive w of a reply
I guess they can maybe settle on making dlcs for money or even for free i mean the people that made those mods to be exact
The new binding of isaac repentance is basically just antibirth but on steroids and that was a mod aswell
<3

Back
Top Bottom