Items Weapon Concept: A slime themed flail/Yoyo hybrid for hardmode! + A new use of the Chaos Fish, and more!

The Grimwar

Terrarian
Click it to fling it like a yoyo, hold it to make it act like a flail. Its item sprite is a can with a small handle on the top of it, it's an early hard mode weapon that has the chance to cause the confusion debuff in enemies for a long while and has a decently strong knockback. I call it.

Fatty Flogging Paste!

Character text: "There is a fatty to be flogged tonight. And it's not me!"

Crafting Station: Blend-O-Matic

Ingredients- Souls of Might (Quantity?)

Gel (100)

This one I think is a tad more interesting, and random, an excellent use of the Chaos Fish in my opinion! Imagine a weapon that's functionally a boomerang, the damage is on par with a pre-Evil biome boss weapon, but with every strike it inflicts a random debuff that stacks with the others! Introducing:

Gambler Tarot!

Character text: "Take a chance, any chance!"

Crafting Station: Crystal Ball

Ingredients- 11 Souls of Sight

9 Souls of Flight

7 ladybugs

1 Frost core

1 Forbidden Shard

10 Ichor/Cursed Fire

5 Stingers

1 Chaos Fish

I think that the early game throwing items like the shuriken, bones, and javelins don't get enough love, they became junk as the game progresses, and as such it's a pity that they're forgotten in such a manner. I also really loved the bone glove as a weapon, so my idea would be to introduce a ranged weapon in the Bone glove's old rol, make the ammo it throws fly farther, and to make bones, shurikens, javelins, and bone javelins ammunition for the:

Atlatl!

Found in: Dungeon Locked Gold Chests/Dungeon and Stockade Crates

And speaking of throwing ammo, I think some upgrades are in order, I'd also like the merchant's base items to be more useful...

Solifferum-

Recipe: 10 Javelins + 1 Iron/Lead

Has a chance to ignore defence

Kashuriken-

Recipe: 5 Shuriken + 1 Torch

Flaming shuriken, these were actually a thing in Japan

Bog Iron Javelin-

Recipe: 1 Sturdy Fossil + 1 Iron/Lead Bar=25 Bog Iron Javelins

Ancient Caltrop-

Recipe: 1 Bone + 1 Spiky Ball=1 Ancient Caltrop

Crafting Station: Tinkerer's Workshop

Combines the properties of both spiky balls and thrown bones, when they hit a third target they land on the ground and damage enemies two more times before despawning on the third hit.

Back
Top Bottom