What is there was a Rhythm-Based Terraria Mod (Discussion/Idea)

Sir_Leaf

Terrarian
(DO NOTE: This is only a discussion. I have no ideas on how this could work, can't make any assets, and am only supplying ideas. If you do think this could be a genuinely interesting idea, go for it. Just credit me for the idea.)

Here's my pitch:

There would be bosses that have attacks that match the music playing. Imagine it kind of like Just Shapes and Beats, in which you have to avoid objects and avoid taking damage, while having a limited amount of health until the song ends.

Could there be a way to do that with Terraria bosses?

Now, this means that there would be no fighting of the boss involved. Maybe it could just die by the time a song ends. I also don't know how (or if it is even possible) to get attacks synced up with music. It would have to be 0 RNG, fully coded and timed attacks. You would get loot after the track has ended.

Tracks would be original pieces, and/or existing songs (with permission of use, of course.)

Another idea, if possible:

Your health doesn't matter.

Certain bosses had certain amounts of hits you could take. Early game would either have easier attacks and/or more health, increasing the difficulty by reducing amounts of hits you can take, and/or making attacks harder and more complex. Maybe there could be items that could increase your hit count, or maybe a way to dodge, it either being a feature or gained from items/equipables.

Maybe in Expert Mode, attacks would be harder, and you wouldn't be able to take as many blows.

I also have an idea for another mode:

No-Hit mode.

Any hits from bosses would insta-kill you. Items that increase your hit-count have no effect anymore (maybe the effect could be replaced, or edited). This mode is way harder, but maybe would have exclusive features of it's own, or may simply just be a way to make the game harder.

Any ideas on how this could work? Comment suggestions for your own content for this as well.

Back
Top Bottom