Mobile What's wrong here?

Thomas Marsh

Terrarian
Im very confused on what's wrong with this housing. I've got all the requirements, no events occurring, enough space, chair, table and a light source. No NPC will move in. Also, I'm not able to set a spawnpoint anyhwere in my world, receiving the message "your bed has been obstructed" I need some help. Thanks

IMG_0875.PNG

[doublepost=1485488571,1485488549][/doublepost]Sorry, I'm just having trouble with all this file uploading and images. :(

The house looks valid to me. Have you considered the possibility that the house is valid, and that NPCs aren't moving in because you haven't satisfied their other criteria? As for the bed, you need open space above it, or it will say it's obstructed. Basically, since you spawn at the bed, you can't have any blocks over the spot where you're supposed to spawn.

Here's a picture of a minimally unobstructed (i.e. valid) bed, directly from the wiki:
Valid_bed.png

Thanks. I'm not sure what is wrong with it, but I built a nearby house and the merchant moved into that right away. Strange.

Thanks. I'm not sure what is wrong with it, but I built a nearby house and the merchant moved into that right away. Strange.
Well, if the other house was nearby, and the Guide is staying out, then it's almost certainly not due to nearby corruption (an unlikely problem in pre-hardmode, anyway). And if the Merchant moved in immediately, then you probably met the requirements before building the house.

I still can't see anything wrong with the house, so... the only thing I can possibly think of that would make it invalid would be if there weren't backwalls behind those wooden beams. But if there are, then... I've got nothing.

I don't know how they coded their game, but try removing the blocks above the torch on both sides right next to the door inside. Otherwise perhaps npcs don't like the smell?

Back
Top Bottom