[WIP] How to play Terraria; Start to End

_vulpes

Skeletron Prime
Welcome! Now, you may be viewing this thread because your a noob, or whatever! I update this daily or when I need to fix some things. [ Updated as of 1.3.0.4 | 7/9/2015 ] - DO NOT post about bugs/glitches within this topic.

1. Making your world
  2. First steps
  3. Crafting
  4. Building a house

1. Welcome to the world of Terraria! To get started, simply click Singleplayer ( I recommend doing singleplayer first), and make a new character. Design your character to how you want him/her to be, and lead his/her adventure! Everything here is self-explanatory. However, Style changes your clothes, not color. Once you get that all done, make a world. Name the world however you like, and begin. However, I like doing a Medium world for a single person, but you can do whatever you like. Now depending on the random number generator, you may get a Crimson or a Corruption world (50/50 chance). Crimson, and Corruption provide the same materials, but just different looks. Don't stress too much on these biomes, as we can get to them later. Now, hopefully, you have spawned in your new, lovely world.

2. So, you spawned into this great world. The first the you want to do is switch to you axe (by either scrolling through the numbers, or press the number on you keyboard. Once you have, you can switch between Smart Cursor, or you can just click. (Press CTRL to switch between these) Go up to a tree, and start chopping it down from the bottom. Once you get the wood, if you see any Slimes (aka Green/Blue/Purple/Pink things hopping) try to kill one. Switch to your shortsword (Press 1). Try to kill one, and get a item named Gel. Now, open up your inventory (press ESC), and craft some torches (either by scrolling up/down, or using the mouse to click up/down. Now click it). After you done that, build a house.

3(side step). Crafting is one of the special ways(well only)you can make items. You can press ESC to access it, and scrolling up/down or by clicking up/down you can simply click on something, and it should be present. Hold down the Right Click to make this process go faster.

4. A house must be 6x6 blocks for it to be valid. In your crafting menu, make a Crafting Table after that. Walk up to it, and make around 200 walls, two doors, table, and a chair. You can now start building you house like a square (remember, must be 6x6 for it to be valid!). Once you done building the frame of the house, mine(each side)3 high blocks. Now, put the doors in these slots. Now, you have them placed. Put on Smart Cursor, and select the Walls in your inventory. Now hold down Left-Click and it should start auto-placing for you. Now, after that - put down the table and chair. You now got a valid housing!

Will update this each day.

Back
Top Bottom