X-Box 360 OG, PC Newb

Zeddicus409

Skeletron
My X-Box has recently broken, but that doesn't matter too much, since I had completed everything to the farthest extent possible on it. I have recently downloaded Terraria for PC through Steam, and I have also watched some videos on the subject. I noticed how they seemed to be moving quicker than I am currently at the beginning of the game. Do you move faster if you are in a higher difficulty? I am playing on the lowest difficulty besides JourneyMan, if that info helps at all. I was also wondering how you can change the way you break blocks. I currently have to move the mouse to each block individually, but I would prefer to have it automatically move to the next block.

Welcome to the forums, Zeddicus!
Do you move faster if you are in a higher difficulty? I am playing on the lowest difficulty besides JourneyMan, if that info helps at all.
I don't know much about that, but I think no. I am currently playing the master mode with softcore difficulty, before that, I was playing the expert mode with softcore, and I don't see any differences on my movement speed. So, I don't think there's anything from it affect your movement speed. What I know is that your movement speed is mainly affected by equipments, potions, and modifiers. The difficulty affects what item is dropped when you die and your ability to respawn or not, and game mode affects the overall difficulty of the game (like the strength of the monster and boss).
I was also wondering how you can change the way you break blocks. I currently have to move the mouse to each block individually, but I would prefer to have it automatically move to the next block.
As far as I know it only applies for walls, railroads, and furnitures, not blocks. Anyway, you can toggle that by pressing Ctrl.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums, Zeddicus!

I don't know much about that, but I think no. I am currently playing the master mode with softcore difficulty, before that, I was playing the expert mode with softcore, and I don't see any differences on our movement speed. So, I don't think there's anything from it that can affect your movement speed. What I know is that your movement speed is mainly affected by equipments, potions, and modifiers. The difficulty affects what item is dropped when you die and your ability to respawn or not, and game mode affects the overall difficulty of the game (like the strength of the monster and boss).

As far as I know it only applies for walls, railroads, and furnitures, not blocks. And you can toggle that by pressing Ctrl.

Thanks, that was very helpful. I watched some beginner guides on YouTube as well, and now have the wiki up. I couldn't find the spot where it said to use control, and it said nothing about speeds, so thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom