Resolved [Xbox One] Glyphs not displaying in chat correctly

Glyphs are not showing up in chat correctly
Type [g:1] in chat or in an announcement box and see for yourself

This is one we’ve got raised in our system currently - should hopefully be addressed in a future patch.

Glyphs are not showing up in chat correctly
Type [g:1] in chat or in an announcement box and see for yourself
the Glyph tag is currently a PC only thing, mobile and console use a different tag entirely to display controller buttons, however incorrect use of the console/mobile exclusive tag can cause the game to crash. Once I have done in-depth research on them tho, i'll be sure to explain it in more detail

the Glyph tag is currently a PC only thing, mobile and console use a different tag entirely to display controller buttons, however incorrect use of the console/mobile exclusive tag can cause the game to crash. Once I have done in-depth research on them tho, i'll be sure to explain it in more detail

The crash has been fixed when internal button codes are used. feel free to go exploring

The crash has been fixed when internal button codes are used. feel free to go exploring
I have done a bit of experimenting with the internal button codes, and would like to inform that the crash still exists as of v1.4.4.9.5 Build 1081. Specifically, typing "[ct:7," is what seems to be causing the crash trigger, similar to how "[cb:000" used to be the trigger til the patch. Please check video replay in the zip for the recreation of the issue which was done in the Character Creation Menu.

Attachments

• InternalCodeCrashReplay.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 43
Can confirm this crash happens on console in character creation, multiplayer (Host Crashes mobile AND console), and singleplayer in Terraria v1.4.4.9.5 Build 1081 with the text
"[ct:7," (comma included).

Edit:
If a player is renamed to this, the account it is on will no longer be able to access the player list making entering games impossible due to a hard crash(My guess is a name rendering isssue). This is a perma-crash for an account. If affected on console, you must delete all of your save data to regain access (Yes, all data is lost) and on mobile the character affected must be deleted via game files.

Last edited:
I have done a bit of experimenting with the internal button codes, and would like to inform that the crash still exists as of v1.4.4.9.5 Build 1081. Specifically, typing "[ct:7," is what seems to be causing the crash trigger, similar to how "[cb:000" used to be the trigger til the patch. Please check video replay in the zip for the recreation of the issue which was done in the Character Creation Menu.
Thanks for finding this one! We have fixed it internally and when the next update is release this should be fixed.

Can confirm this crash happens on console in character creation, multiplayer (Host Crashes mobile AND console), and singleplayer in Terraria v1.4.4.9.5 Build 1081 with the text
"[ct:7," (comma included).

Edit:
If a player is renamed to this, the account it is on will no longer be able to access the player list making entering games impossible due to a hard crash(My guess is a name rendering isssue). This is a perma-crash for an account. If affected on console, you must delete all of your save data to regain access (Yes, all data is lost) and on mobile the character affected must be deleted via game files.
I'm sorry you lost your files by using an internal code to name a character due to this crash. I will think about how we can prevent something like this in the future, though i'm not sure what that might be right now.

Thanks for finding this one! We have fixed it internally and when the next update is release this should be fixed.
DISCLAIMER: The following information applies to all versions of Terraria running via D.R Studio's code (Mobile/Console).

I did a few more tests and should mention that the internal code "[cm:0]" can also cause unwanted reactions if Movement in the Controller's Keybindings is set to Unbound. (Not to be confused with Setup Controller Hardware)
IMG_6047.png

I should also mention that certain other keybinds when unbound in a specific way will also cause a similar abnormality when displaying the tag type "[cm:InternalID]" associated to the corresponding Keybinding function.

DISCLAIMER: The following information applies to all versions of Terraria running via D.R Studio's code (Mobile/Console).

I did a few more tests and should mention that the internal code "[cm:0]" can also cause unwanted reactions if Movement in the Controller's Keybindings is set to Unbound. (Not to be confused with Setup Controller Hardware)
I should also mention that certain other keybinds when unbound in a specific way will also cause a similar abnormality when displaying the tag type "[cm:InternalID]" associated to the corresponding Keybinding function.

Thank you @Sinon878 ! Because of the way the system works (as you've deduced, its referencing what binding you have set to display a correct button) I can see how this would cause this issue, as it cannot find a binding that has been set. This is actually an exception occurring, even if it doesn't fully crash the game. As we have not fully predicted what might happen when these codes are used in unpredictable ways, there's a case to be made to remove the ability for these buttons to be read as code and displayed from player inputs if they're causing issues, which we'll have to discuss internally. %:sigh:

Back
Top Bottom