Is Minecraft Steve or the Terraria Player stronger? I have the answer.

Numerically yes. Iconically no.

It really depends on whether the assumption bases the comparison on the heart or the number. There's no real way of accurately figuring out what the real conversion is, as both games exist in two different universes.
I attempted to do that by basing the ratio on enemies that were present in both games, (zombies and slimes) but I couldn't figure it out..

That's not quite accurate either. The zombies and slimes present in both universes are way too different from each other to be used as a medium for comparison.

Yeah, trying to compare two entirely different games based on their realistic counterparts of materials is terrible.

Hermaphroditic == Both Genders*

It depends on the species. Bees, in reality, have three genders- queen, drone, and worker. A hermaphroditic bee might have parts from all three. Humans just have trouble thinking in more than two genders, so we say the queen and workers are both female and the drone male.

It depends on the species. Bees, in reality, have three genders- queen, drone, and worker. A hermaphroditic bee might have parts from all three. Humans just have trouble thinking in more than two genders, so we say the queen and workers are both female and the drone male.
Please..
"Workers are female bees and have two sets of chromosomes."
"Males or drones are typically haploid, having only one set of chromosomes."
"Queen honey bees, like workers, are female. They are created at the decision of the worker bees by feeding a larva only royal jelly throughout its development, rather than switching from royal jelly to pollen once the larva grows past a certain size."

Please..
"Workers are female bees and have two sets of chromosomes."
"Males or drones are typically haploid, having only one set of chromosomes."
"Queen honey bees, like workers, are female. They are created at the decision of the worker bees by feeding a larva only royal jelly throughout its development, rather than switching from royal jelly to pollen once the larva grows past a certain size."

A queen bee is vastly different from a worker bee. It would be a foolish and obviously human-constricted viewpoint to say that a queen bee and a worker bee are the same gender, simply because genetically they are both female.

After seeing a lot of discussion on this thread, I tried to do some calculations to see who can hold more stuff on the inventory and who would win on a battle:

(All the information and numbers used here were taken from both games Gamepedia wiki)

Let's start with the inventory. Steve's inventory has 27 storage slots + 9 hotkeys slots + 4 armor slots, While the Terrarian inventory has 40 storage slots + 10 hotbar slots + 4 coin slots + 4 ammo slots + 1 trash slot + 3 clothing slots + 8 social slots + 8 dye slots + 5 accessories slots.
We'll scrap the Steve's armor slots, and the Terrarian's coin, ammo, clothing, social, dye and accessories slots. This gives us a total of 36 slots for Steve and a total of 51 for the Terrarian
The material we will use to measure how much one can carry is Gold, which can be stacked up to 64 for Steve, and up to 999 for a Terrarian, meaning that Steve can carry 2,304 gold blocks, while a Terrarian will carry 50,949 gold ore ( as ores in Terraria are pretty much a square of said ore, they can be compared to MC's gold blocks)
Now let's see how much a gold block/ore weighs:
Starting with MC, each block is 1m³ , So discovering how much it weighs is simple:
1 * 19,300(Gold's value of kg/m³) = 19,300
19,300 * 2304 = 44,467,200
Steve can carry 44,467,200 kg of Gold. Great.

Now for our Terrarian friends:
One block is 2ft tall (2ft = 0.60960m) , So each block is 1.2192m². There's no way to discover the block's volume, as Terraria is viewed from a 2D perpective, meaning that the block's width could range from nothing to the infinite, So this time we'll just use X instead of any value.
Each Terraria block is X1.2192m³.
X1.2192 * 19,300 = X23,530.56
X23,530.56 * 50,949 = X1,198,858,501.44

When we use Gold as a common measure between both worlds, it sounds like a Terrarian can carry a lot more stuff than Steve, But in reality, there's no actual way of knowing wether this is true or not, because we don't have all the values of a Terrarian block. Again, a Terrarian could be carrying both the value of the infinite or nothing.

Conclusion: If a Terrarian Block width is ≥ 1m, a Terrarian can relatively carry more than Steve.

Now for a combat between Steve and a Terrarian:
If both went bare handed, Steve would win, as a Terrarian can do nothing without Tools/Weapons.

But what about other situations? Could a Terrarian win? I think so, Because Terrarians seem to have a lot more belic power than anything we see on MC, with their arsenal ranging from swords to lasers.

Let's see what could really happen:
First, We have to discover how much health Steve has in Terrarian terms.

From MC wiki:
''The basic measure of health is one hit point 1 (). One heart 2 () is also commonly used when talking about health.''
So Steve has 20hp.

Each Terrarian begins its journey with 5 Hearts, each one having 20 hp, So Terrarians have 100hp.

On this hipothetical scenario, We have Steve Wearing a full diamond armor and sporting a Diamond Sword, While our Terrarian is in Full Platinum Gear. They will always hit each other, they dont have any kind of buff, enchantment or reforging on their equipment, And no critical hits will happen.

A diamond Sword (MC) can deal 8
9px-Heart.svg.png
damage, which is 16 hp per hit.
A Platinum Broadsword (Terraria) can deal 15 damage per hit.

a diamond armor (Helmet, Chestplate, Leggings, Boots) (MC) Will give a total of 10 (+20hp)
Whereas a Platinum armor will give 16 Defense + 4 def from set bonus (20 def)

Steve's diamond sword's damage is smaller than the Platinum Armor's defense, And by Terrarian Logics, it will deal 1 dmg per hit. Our Terrarian has 100hp, so Steve will have to hit him 100 times to kill him.

The Terrarian's platinum Sword Deals 15 damage per hit, and to deplete both Steve's Armor and Health the Terrarian will need to hit him 3 times (45 damage total)

Conclusion: By following my Minecraftian Hearts to Terrarian Hearts conversion logic, The Terrarian would easily win the situation depicted above

You said that have aspects of both genders, that sounds like a hermaphrodite to me XD

Secondary gender characteristics from multiple genders doesn't make something a hermaphrodite. You need to have combination of multiple things... down there (no, not udders)

Anyway, this is getting off topic.

A queen bee is vastly different from a worker bee. It would be a foolish and obviously human-constricted viewpoint to say that a queen bee and a worker bee are the same gender, simply because genetically they are both female.
I'm sorry dude, but you're saying non sense.
Let me enlighten you on this took-me-5-seconds-to-google-it definition of the word "gender":

The state of being male or female. (further research & I found this definition: The state of being male or female or intersex.)

Of course you have hermaphrodites which have both male and female sex organs, they are 'both' genders, or rather they can chose what gender they most relate to. So unless a queen bee feels like it's some kind of unique non-male non-female gender I don't see why you would say that a queen bee and a worker bee aren't both female but of a different gender.

Is what I said really true or is it just some kind of my-theory, I don't really know, but what I do know is what I learned at school.

However what you are talking about may be what is called castes:

Caste is a form of social stratification characterized by endogamy, hereditary transmission of a lifestyle which often includes an occupation, ritual status in a hierarchy and customary social interaction and exclusion based on cultural notions of purity and pollution.

(No strict ties to gender)

Listen, if you disagree, don't even bother to reply..

I'm sorry dude, but you're saying non sense.
Let me enlighten you on this took-me-5-seconds-to-google-it definition of the word "gender":

The state of being male or female. (further research & I found this definition: The state of being male or female or intersex.)

Of course you have hermaphrodites which have both male and female sex organs, they are 'both' genders, or rather they can chose what gender they most relate to. So unless a queen bee feels like it's some kind of unique non-male non-female gender I don't see why you would say that a queen bee and a worker bee aren't both female but of a different gender.

Is what I said really true or is it just some kind of my-theory, I don't really know, but what I do know is what I learned at school.

However what you are talking about may be what is called castes:

Caste is a form of social stratification characterized by endogamy, hereditary transmission of a lifestyle which often includes an occupation, ritual status in a hierarchy and customary social interaction and exclusion based on cultural notions of purity and pollution.

(No strict ties to gender)

Listen, if you disagree, don't even bother to reply..

Anyway, this is getting off topic.

Yeah .. pretty much I don't usually feel like giving biology lessons anyways.
We all have our opinions..
but that doesn't mean we can call them "foolish & human-constricted viewpoint", that's offensive.

Anyways..
Yeah, trying to compare two entirely different games based on their realistic counterparts of materials is terrible.
How else would you compare them? Game variables, parameters? Every game is different, unless they're based on the same engine and configuration in which case you could measure one characters' strengh parameter and compare it with another character.

I forgot to mention something, but I'm not sure if anyone else has said it already.

The gold in Terraria it stronger then Terraria's iron. This means that the gold would have a different molecular structure and that fact would make any current data useless if it was based on the statistics gold shares in the real world.

That's right, gold could be thousands of times heavier then it is IRL or be lighter then a feather.
This also goes for Minecraft in a way, unless proper stats were officially given for the ore.

TBH, nobody knows how heavy Mythril or Adamantite is, or what the weight of Nether Quartz would be. It's impossible to make a conclusion until official statistics have been released by Mojang and Re-Logic.

Back
Top Bottom