3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I know why this happens, each weapon you have a projectile has a certain send per second, but when you switch cancels the last shot even though it's still there, and by switching back (reminder you are still switching fast between items/weapons) use the projectile weapon and then you are able to get multiple projectiles at once.

I am running into the same problem several people have mentioned in this thread regarding fishing. It seems like bait is nearly impossible to get. I ran across my map twice during the rain and only snagged two worms.

Has anyone tried using an actuator? I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if there's a bug, but whenever I lay an actuator on a tile (a dirt block for example), the actuator just disappears and nothing appears to get placed.

I have two questions...

1) Is the 3ds version like the console version, the mobile, or a breed of the two? From my understanding looking at details and playing the game, it feels like a hybrid.

2) Is there a summoning sort of class in the 3ds version? I was able to find a slime staff (in fact multiple), but upon retrieving 17 hellstone bars, and standing in front of an anvil, there was no option to craft the imp staff. So is this a bug, or are there only some summoner weapons?

Lastly, a comment - I really enjoy the music in this game, but the music seems extremely constrained to certain parts (I.e. the dungeon plays underground music in the corridors and only dungeon music in large rooms of the dungeon itself.) I really hope this gets fixed, as I love almost all the soundtracks in this game.

In spite of all the negative feedback the game is getting however, I find it incredible and a dream come true that it's on the 3ds. Thank you so much to the dev team for porting this to the 3ds!

I think I know why this happens, each weapon you have a projectile has a certain send per second, but when you switch cancels the last shot even though it's still there, and by switching back (reminder you are still switching fast between items/weapons) use the projectile weapon and then you are able to get multiple projectiles at once.

I've experienced this too. But when you place wire over the actuators, they are there and do work properly. I think it's just a graphical glitch, nothing more.

I've experienced this too. But when you place wire over the actuators, they are there and do work properly. I think it's just a graphical glitch, nothing more.
that's probably the wrong post to quote:D this might be it
I am running into the same problem several people have mentioned in this thread regarding fishing. It seems like bait is nearly impossible to get. I ran across my map twice during the rain and only snagged two worms.

Has anyone tried using an actuator? I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if there's a bug, but whenever I lay an actuator on a tile (a dirt block for example), the actuator just disappears and nothing appears to get placed.

As far As I know most of the summen items/stuff won't be for another update.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but combining a philosopher's stone with a regeneration band seems to cancel out the philosopher's stone effect.
The potion sickness debuff still lasts one minute with me. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the stone itself because I immediately returned to base and combined it with the band when I found it. Can anyone else confirm?

Oh what a day, a troll from terraria (its a bug), so just beaten orcram, then it dropped its trophy yah, so I'm putting up all boss trophys, when I did it disapeared, so I dicided to mine where I put the trophy and what I Got was a painting called (impact) so becarefull placing trophys (what works correctly is eye of chutulu, skeleton and plantera at the moment)
Same thing happened with the sailfish trophy from the angler, the trophy dissapears and upon mining it it drops "The Twin have Awoken". Although the trophies are lost, a free painting pretty cool.

Flower pow is messing up with ram (or something) i guess.. if it got stuck while youre holding it and youre moving at the same time, the screen will lag.

Kutku has found possibly the most op bug ever, making the infinite range of spears a joke.

try two Flower Pow.
put them on touch screen hot key,
Hold Y button
alternate between the two while holding the Y button ..
rekt

I have two questions...

1) Is the 3ds version like the console version, the mobile, or a breed of the two? From my understanding looking at details and playing the game, it feels like a hybrid.

2) Is there a summoning sort of class in the 3ds version? I was able to find a slime staff (in fact multiple), but upon retrieving 17 hellstone bars, and standing in front of an anvil, there was no option to craft the imp staff. So is this a bug, or are there only some summoner weapons?

Lastly, a comment - I really enjoy the music in this game, but the music seems extremely constrained to certain parts (I.e. the dungeon plays underground music in the corridors and only dungeon music in large rooms of the dungeon itself.) I really hope this gets fixed, as I love almost all the soundtracks in this game.

In spite of all the negative feedback the game is getting however, I find it incredible and a dream come true that it's on the 3ds. Thank you so much to the dev team for porting this to the 3ds!
The witch doctor sells the papyrus item and a summoning set and you can make spooky armor from pumpkin moon event and obtain necromatic scroll to combine with the papyrus. Only summoning weapons ive seen so far are the raven staff,pygmy staff, and frost hydra. Thats as far as i know for summoning weapons/armors/items

The witch doctor sells the papyrus item and a summoning set and you can make spooky armor from pumpkin moon event and obtain necromatic scroll to combine with the papyrus. Only summoning weapons ive seen so far are the raven staff,pygmy staff, and frost hydra. Thats as far as i know for summoning weapons/armors/items
there is also the slime staff.

I also got the Zappinator as a drop from Plantera, that was a very pleasant surprise!
It just came naturally since Plantera Bulbs seem so common.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhoeQC6Qw
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACXVHhokJThYg

I've also been noticing quite a number of bugs, I'm gonna report the ones I can recall right now.
I can see that a few of these have already been acknowledged or reported in this thread already though.
  1. There's a silly title screen bug where your character will move around in a grapple pose, if you save and quit whilst grappled:
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFMbNDl-Q
  2. Occasional map areas can cause the screen to very briefly "flash", with UI elements disappearing and the touch screen turning black:
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFMa0DFjw
    I captured this one on video.
  3. The same also appears to occur when I use a Flower Pow, such as completely horizontally so it reaches near the edge of the screen.
  4. Spears are prone to glitched animations where they fly out of the player's hands. It can happen at random when using it for reasons I don't understand, but you can also replicate it at will by switching to another item on the hotbar whilst still holding the attack button:
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFMRTYODw
  5. I once had two Queen Bees spawn simultaneously, I don't know if I accidentally happened to destroy two Larva at once or not, or if this supposed to be allowed:
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFMO6EGtg
  6. I have also had a Queen Bee, and many other enemies despawn because they move out of the map. This was especially irritating when I had a Queen Bee Hive generated at the west edge of the map. (When Duke Fishron is fixed, I can see this being a real problem.)
  7. For some reason, the recipe for the Monarch Butterfly Jar is listed 9 times. 8 times it specifies the Monarch Butterfly, then the Empty Bottle. The other time is an Empty Bottle, then the Monarch Butterfly.
  8. Decorative accessories awarded by the Fisherman, such as the Life Preserver or the Goldfish Trophy fail to display at all. They will be invisible when placed, and when removed with a pickaxe cannot be reclaimed.
  9. The map can be prone to generating Plantera bulbs on the outskirts of the jungle. This can result in summoning a Plantera boss that instantly enters the berserker mode due to not quite being in the underground jungle. Similarly, Lihzahrd temples spawn low enough that you'll discover Hellforges in them.
  10. Fishing rods seem glitched in a couple ways, bait lacks any fishing power description and a fishing rod always displays a 1% fishing power rate. That aside, when fishing it seems like fish get off the hook way too often, I believe this is only meant to be a 1/7 odds when you aren't equipped with a high test fishing line?
Aside from that, there's the odd questionable design choice or limitation I feel is worth noting.
  • Underground mushroom biome enemies will spawn pre-hard mode. These hard mode enemies are too dangerous for this part of the game.
  • It feels like the quantities of Chlorophyte Ore might be a bit too limited? Like the game doesn't quite "grow" it fast enough.
  • Also had a hard time discovering a Nature's Gift in the Jungle, I actually found two Plumber's Hats and a Robot Hat before I got one.
  • Item descriptions and pickup text is exactly the same as the PC version, fondness for the recognisable font aside, all text really aught to be drawn a bit smaller and crisper to avoid any kind of scrolling text or obscuring the screen. It's especially annoying with weapon and accessory modifiers.
  • There does not appear to be a way to remove buffs, even when viewing the buff list. This means you can't turn off pets when you might really need to. Werewolves for example can kill bugs which you need as bait.
  • Slight peeve of mine is that X's functionality in inventory screens is pretty inconsistent, like when looting chests, or wanting to put stuff into chests. This has lead to me accidentally trashing valuables because X will either remove items from a chest, or move items into trash.
  • Soul drop rates might be kinda slow compared to the PC version?
  • Certain kinds of enemies seem very prone to spawning other overs, for example in the Hallowed Underground I notice far more Illuminant Bats than anything, and very few Chaos Elementals.
Just felt it was important to give this sort of feedback, so far I've been really enjoying the 3DS version of Terraria and am glad that it exists.
Really looking forward to the prospect of further 1.3 content being launched, and various fixes and improvements (especially larger map sizes for N3DS users).
I also hope we get to keep the Zappinator, it feels like making it a Plantera drop on a Nintendo console is deliberate, it's probably meant to be rare and this late in the game, possibly not as overpowered as it once was. (Back in the day, Skeletron was a serious threat after all.)

I noticed just like the mobile version (which has been an ignored issue for quite some time), the music boxes STILL do not work. I was really looking forward to having them actually be used in a handheld version. They are able to be purchased from the wizard (free..again) and like in the mobile version, disappear almost instantly. Would've been nice to record the solar eclipse and frost moon for my homestead. But, had my hopes too high again I guess.:sigh:

I noticed just like the mobile version (which has been an ignored issue for quite some time), the music boxes STILL do not work. I was really looking forward to having them actually be used in a handheld version. They are able to be purchased from the wizard (free..again) and like in the mobile version, disappear almost instantly. Would've been nice to record the solar eclipse and frost moon for my homestead. But, had my hopes too high again I guess.:sigh:
even with music boxes ingame working, this version doesn't have frost moon and after they add frost moon some time after we will get to record the frost moon music, the reason I think it disappears after getting the music box is because it's for free, might be able to be fixed if they changed it back to 10 gold (I wouldn't care if they did)

and wasp staff

There isn't a wasp staff in this version, you don't get honeycomb(if that's the name for it) which is not a drop from queenbee at this moment.

I've got a few problems getting NPCs. I've been trying to get the Dye Trader for the 3DS Edition and get some dye colors, it didn't get me a Yellow Marigold or any items that makes dye. Please add some missing features as possible. Thanks.

Crispy honey blocks! Apparently, I can't craft them. Is there another easier way make them -- like pouring a jar of honey into a lava pit or something? I found one bee hive and its pretty far from any lava.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom