3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a Flower Pow out and use a teleporter your game crashes, then the system restarts.

Apologies that you're seeing this issue, but thanks a million for getting us a video of it - really helps us reproducing it.

Will be one for the next update, though. It's not in this latest interim fix.

The tempest staff is buggy, and with full load out or even just four summons....tanks frame rate. Might have to just go back to ravens sadly :/

When do you think the new update or content update would come out? And are any of the multiplayer glitches fixed? I'm worried about going back into multiplayer after my friend lost all his vanity, armor , and accesorys.

Got the update yesterday, I was absolutely thrilled. I started finding truffle worms everywhere in my mushroom biome. I fought Duke Fishron quite a few times and have gotten almost all of his drops except for his wings so far. The Tempest Staff is quite buggy. If you summon more than three Sharknadoes, the games frame rate will tank and it won't stop until you die and the minions will despawn. I've also seen some weird things come out of my player while using it, like a dual hook that stretches off the left side of the screen and doesn't disappear until I run in the other direction, and what looks like an adamantite glaive sticking out of my back.

Doors also don't always seem to close behind you when you walk in and out of them.

Haven't noticed too many other glitches so far, but I have yet to experiment. Honestly, I'm just happy I can fight Duke Fishron. He's loads of fun, and constantly manages to kill me with giant tornadoes after he dies, heh. Thank you for the patch! The game also seems to run a little smoother now, if that's possible. Lucky enough not to experience a crash yet.

When do you think the new update or content update would come out? And are any of the multiplayer glitches fixed? I'm worried about going back into multiplayer after my friend lost all his vanity, armor , and accesorys.

We're working on the MP stuff. We didn't see the same issues you're seeing in our testing, so we need to try and reproduce the issues. It's hard to put a date on the next content update: I know when I'm aiming for, but the reality is it's done when it's done. We could keep finding gamebreaking issues that we need to fix. It certainly won't be ready this month: best case is late March, I think.

I'm not sure if these were mentioned but...

Flower Pow is "fixed": Yeah, it no longer tanks the frames, but it also no longer fires petals.

Tempest Staff eats Mana and does weird stuff to your body: Someone said the graphic part, but if I hold Y, it rapidly casts, eating all my mana in about 1-2 seconds.

The clone wars: NPCs can still be duped. My method is usually done by having a two (or more) house tall structure with one in the higher rooms. Moving an NPC into the one below it removes the flag for the one above it. In some cases, this dupes an NPC, often times the one in the higher house.

I'll happily report anything else I come across :p

Quick question: Any hopes for the Stylist coming to this port? I'm one of those people who tend to change their look every minute :)

Apologies that you're seeing this issue, but thanks a million for getting us a video of it - really helps us reproducing it.

No problem. Im happy that it got fixed because a lot of the time Id accidently run onto my teleporter and lose a lot of stuff since I normally hold Y, and sometimes thatd be what I had out. Also, it got fixed on the update from yesterday. As soon as it updated I tried to go on the teleporter with the Flower Pow out and it didnt crash.

We're working on the MP stuff. We didn't see the same issues you're seeing in our testing, so we need to try and reproduce the issues. It's hard to put a date on the next content update: I know when I'm aiming for, but the reality is it's done when it's done. We could keep finding gamebreaking issues that we need to fix. It certainly won't be ready this month: best case is late March, I think.
I was a distance away from him I don't know exact but we were far apart and I got dissconnected but I joined again same distance and fell to the very bottom of the world then loaded all blocks got dissconnected again and when we got closer and joined again his vanity,armor, and accesorys were gone but inventory was fine.

Last edited:
So I didn't see anything on this besides someone else talking about it but during Christmas season all the presents I got were only candy blocks, and sometimes flew up (doesn't really matter but I'm thinking it shouldn't do that), I was wondering if that's something that was fixed or not.
[DOUBLEPOST=1454438880,1454438573][/DOUBLEPOST]Not sure if this was a bug or not but the first time I found a Lizhard temple, I was able to break the altar(being my first time, I hadn't even beaten the golem yet so I didn't have the pick saw) once I figured out that u need the pick saw or something of higher power I tried all my tools on the altar after I put it down and nothing worked on it. I'm not sure it really matters but that's just something that happened to me

anybody got the fire feather yet? I've killed a lot of Red Devils and they haven't dropped one yet
I have, I also got the flame wings with it. It is decently rare(you can look it up on Official Terraria Wiki) You could try building a farm or something like that

ok. I thought since some of the drops drop in the wrong places it might've been a fruitless effort..I've noticed crystals dropping from Arch Demons.

ok. I thought since some of the drops drop in the wrong places it might've been a fruitless effort..I've noticed crystals dropping from Arch Demons.
That's actually normal because 3ds Terraria is actually the Mobile version of Terraria on a console...something like that. So yeah you can get 3-10 crystals when you kill a Arch Demon

So since Golem doesn't drop beetle husk, does that make Turtle Armor the highest defense available or am I missing something?
[DOUBLEPOST=1454447228,1454446973][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I've been experiencing something weird. When I've been underground swinging my Gungnir around to light up the place, I've been breaking tiles it seems. It's pretty dark and off the screen but I end up picking up statues/life crystals or have seen water start to fall from above through a hole.. sorry if that doesn't make sense but it's just weird.

I have a bug on my New 3DS XL where my crafting menu has a bunch of Monarch Butterfly Jar recipes. Installing the new 1.01 update last night did not fix it:

Attachments

• Terraria Monarchs-1.jpg
    Terraria Monarchs-1.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 350
So since Golem doesn't drop beetle husk, does that make Turtle Armor the highest defense available or am I missing something
Turtle has highest defence currently.

I have a bug on my New 3DS XL where my crafting menu has a bunch of Monarch Butterfly Jar recipes. Installing the new 1.01 update last night did not fix it:
It seems as you catch other butterflies it replaces them, not sure on this though.

So far, I am loving the update. I can finally use my Chlorophyte Partisan without it feeling OP, Mushroom biomes are now free of Hardmode enemies pre-Hardmode, and the Lihzard Temples remain broken.

Yes, as much as I hate to say it, there are still issues with them. I created a new 1.0.1 world just to check it out. The entire thing had zero traps whatsoever (excluding Wooden Spikes). I deleted that world and made two new ones, only to get the same result on each.

This is obviously a major problem, and I feel it should be corrected before 1.0.1 becomes available in Europe and Australia. Also, if someone with the update can do so, please help me confirm that this is not just a bug on my copy. I play on the New 3DS XL, if that helps any.

So far, I am loving the update. I can finally use my Chlorophyte Partisan without it feeling OP, Mushroom biomes are now free of Hardmode enemies pre-Hardmode, and the Lihzard Temples remain broken.

Yes, as much as I hate to say it, there are still issues with them. I created a new 1.0.1 world just to check it out. The entire thing had zero traps whatsoever (excluding Wooden Spikes). I deleted that world and made two new ones, only to get the same result on each.

This is obviously a major problem, and I feel it should be corrected before 1.0.1 becomes available in Europe and Australia. Also, if someone with the update can do so, please help me confirm that this is not just a bug on my copy. I play on the New 3DS XL, if that helps any.
I created a world for farming purposes, and when I got to the Lihzard Temple all the traps were there. Im also on a New 3DS XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom