Can't cross-play with PS3 and PS4

What exactly happens when you try to play together? Are there any error messages?
Did you also try to join a game without using the invite mechanism? I think cross platform invites do not work, but if you just host a game (without 'invite only' checked) and then join that game via the 'join game' list in the world selection menu it should work.

Hello my friend and I wanna play online but he can't join me even I invite him and so do I, I was thinking how this could happen? I'm in ps 4 and he is on vita is it any restrictions not great.. It said something "this can't be join, help needed dev how to play online this is not 90's

Hello my friend and I wanna play online but he can't join me even I invite him and so do I, I was thinking how this could happen? I'm in ps 4 and he is on vita is it any restrictions not great.. It said something "this can't be join, help needed dev how to play online this is not 90's
Hello, your issue seemed to be the same as the one discussed in this thread so I moved your post here. Do you and your friend live in the same country? And have you tried hosting your game without 'Invite Only' checked and joining from the world selection screen?

Yes, no I didn't live in the same country and I'm not sure i think it didn't detect to our both system, I'll try it again next time and i'll give the news.

Yes, no I didn't live in the same country and I'm not sure i think it didn't detect to our both system, I'll try it again next time and i'll give the news.
From what I understand, Something is wrong with how they've labeled the versions of the game for PS4 in certain countries so it causes them to be incompatible.

So specific then if so. I think they should simplify before released I mean the software identity. Sony PlayStation should have same identity so they could perform crossplay in all game, and not depend on a region. Update please its not good to put on the market wrong information. Can we have information from the manufacturer what are they doing with the online feature causing a "Sony class?"

Hey I just play with my friends from ps4 and ps3 i'm in vita as host its fine, the one <removed by staff> and his friends robbed me took my best range weapon(laser gun) and armor(shroomite I think.) but never confess...shiii

Last edited by a moderator:
So specific then if so. I think they should simplify before released I mean the software identity. Sony PlayStation should have same identity so they could perform crossplay in all game, and not depend on a region. Update please its not good to put on the market wrong information. Can we have information from the manufacturer what are they doing with the online feature causing a "Sony class?"
It's SUPPOSED to work for everyone but there was a hitch in translation somewhere along the line.
Hey I just play with my friends from ps4 and ps3 i'm in vita as host its fine, the one <removed by staff> and his friends robbed me took my best range weapon(laser gun) and armor(shroomite I think.) but never confess...shiii
I'm sorry, but what happens in online interactions with other players isn't anyone here's responsibility. Also, please do not post other people's gamertags/PSN like that, we don't allow 'blacklisting' here. I suggest backing up your saves before ever inviting someone you don't know into your worlds.

Terraria best game ever, more and more updates please.. And the forum is super..
[DOUBLEPOST=1437973332,1437973040][/DOUBLEPOST]Please get the bast** graves for me and make him nude...

My friend and I both have been trying to play with each other and it says that you can't cross play. Is this true? I've read every post on these 4 pages and I wanted to refresh it with my question. I have terraria on my PS VITA and he has it on his PS4. Have the moderators/devs figured out how I can get this to work? I know that PS VITA received an update a month or so ago but I'm unsure as to why we can't cross-play when I've seen stated several times you could :/ . Thank you guys! I love terraria :)

-Colt

My friend and I both have been trying to play with each other and it says that you can't cross play. Is this true? I've read every post on these 4 pages and I wanted to refresh it with my question. I have terraria on my PS VITA and he has it on his PS4. Have the moderators/devs figured out how I can get this to work? I know that PS VITA received an update a month or so ago but I'm unsure as to why we can't cross-play when I've seen stated several times you could :/ . Thank you guys! I love terraria :)

-Colt
Do you live in different countries?

Do you live in different countries?

No we live in the USA. All that i can tell is that my PS-VITA version is at 1.07 and his PS4 version is at 1.03. I have no idea why they are different because i assume they're both considered "console" versions and yet each are up too date and are different versions :/. Ive seen posted, even on the DEVS site, that they can cross play and yet i have yet to see any proof. Please help!

Thank you!

-Colt

No we live in the USA. All that i can tell is that my PS-VITA version is at 1.07 and his PS4 version is at 1.03. I have no idea why they are different because i assume they're both considered "console" versions and yet each are up too date and are different versions :/. Ive seen posted, even on the DEVS site, that they can cross play and yet i have yet to see any proof. Please help!

Thank you!

-Colt
What exactly happens when you try to play together and what methods are you using to join each other?

Back
Top Bottom