Can't cross-play with PS3 and PS4

ItzDaBacon

Terrarian
My friend (PS3) and I (PS4) are trying to cross play together but we can't because we are not in the same version. Thing is, we both checked available updates and I had no updates (Obviously, it just came out) and he did, so he did the update but we can't play because of the same error.

I enjoy this game a lot, I bought it on the PC, PS3, Vita and now PS4 and I don't even care how much I have spend to have this everywhere, the only thing I want is for this to be fixed so I can play with my fellow terrarians. Thank you.

The problem is:
PS3 and PS4 had different release dates for Terraria, which resulted in different versions for both platforms.
Since PS3 and PS4 function differently, 505 will have to work extra time to port Terraria to both PS3 and PS4, which means you won't be able to play Terraria cross-platform, if at all.

Maybe you can only crossplay if you host on vita, idk im not a ps3 user. But they are the same game, the changes on ps4 shouldnt have any effect on others players view/gameplay.

Maybe you can only crossplay if you host on vita, idk im not a ps3 user. But they are the same game, the changes on ps4 shouldnt have any effect on others players view/gameplay.
If the version is defferent, then they can't play together.
It would be the same if you would try to play on a 1.0 server with a 1.1 version game.

The problem is:
PS3 and PS4 had different release dates for Terraria, which resulted in different versions for both platforms.
Since PS3 and PS4 function differently, 505 will have to work extra time to port Terraria to both PS3 and PS4, which means you won't be able to play Terraria cross-platform, if at all.
505Games stated otherwise...
Terraria on PS4/Xbox One will be aligned to the current versions available on PS3/Xbox 360.

Additionally, we have added new cross play functionality to all versions of Terrarian on the Playstation platform. That means that players on the PS4 version can interact with players on the PS3 and Playstation Vita versions - choosing to either battle against or team up with the wider PSN community.
If I had to guess, I would say that there was a delay in receiving an update for the game.

Yeah, 505 Games said we would be able to cross play with PS3 and Vita.
We have the save content, but maybe the version for PS4 is 1.0 and the PS3 version (Been out for months now) is 1.06 or something and maybe reading those different numbers won't let us connect. They should fix it soon.

So when you try and cross-play with the PS4 and PSVita you get the same issue. Not playing the same version as the host.

Would be cool to hear from the developers about that issue ?
My mate who's on a ps3 doesn't even receive the invites i'm sending him.

(My servers list is also stuck on "refreshing...", and when i bought the game there were 2 versions i could download, one simply called "Terraria", and another one called "Terraria PS4 version" which i'm not able to find anywhere now.)

Yeah. I tried to contact 505 through their customer support a couple of days ago and i still havn't recieved anything back.

Back
Top Bottom