Items Evil-Tiered Magic: Vessel Skewer and Swarm Staff

I think more damage ---> more mana cost is a good enough concept. But the Vilethorn is pretty efficient on its mana consumption in the first place as you don't need to spam-cast it because it won't do anything more, so it might just be yet another Crimson weapon that is superior to its corruption equivalent with no practical downsides.
I hate those kind of weapons. Makes me wanna kill the BoC with an EoC Mask. Those kind of weapons are unfair, and in Terraria, the Corruption shouldn't be inferior. Never.
That's why I also added a Corrupt version of a Crimson weapon that is more effective and with no practical downsides... the Swarm Staff.

It has dissolved into a matter of opinion, so arguing won't get anywhere. You believe one way and I believe another, so I leave it at that.

If you left it at that, then why did you respond to it at all?

I don't expect a reply for every sentence I have written. I've taken that as the other side doesn't want to discuss that point further long ago. Exceptions are when someone tries to argue a point while avoiding my own.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424623002][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's why I also added a Corrupt version of a Crimson weapon that is more effective and with no practical downsides... the Swarm Staff.

...It's hard to say, because you did well with the Swarm staff. It behaves completely differently to the Crimson cloud, so they'd ultimately have different areas where they would shine. The Crimson could would still demolish a bunch of mobs in a single area when trapped as well as being viable for placing above blocks (because yay for exploits?).

If you left it at that, then why did you respond to it at all?
I respond when I think there's something to say that will make progress and actually get somewhere.
Exceptions are when someone tries to argue a point while avoiding my own.
God I hate those people.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424623124][/DOUBLEPOST]
...It's hard to say, because you did well with the Swarm staff. It behaves completely differently to the Crimson cloud, so they'd ultimately have different areas where they would shine. The Crimson could would still demolish a bunch of mobs in a single area when trapped as well as being viable for placing above blocks (because yay for exploits?).
And if I mentioned that the pests spawned by the Swarm Staff penetrated...

And if I mentioned that the pests spawned by the Swarm Staff penetrated...

Damnable, you made me think that I missed it and I went to check.

Assuming I'm not missing it, I don't know if it'd be preferable. I mean, 4 homing projectiles a second with 12 base damage is pretty good to begin with. The Crimson Cloud still has to be 'assisted' for maximum potential. By 'assisted', I mean lure enemies to a nice ditch/wall.

I hate those kind of weapons. Makes me wanna kill the BoC with an EoC Mask. Those kind of weapons are unfair, and in Terraria, the Corruption shouldn't be inferior. Never.

To be truthful, that's just the way it is. What with all the new alternates clearly being better than the originals. Redigit made his intentions pretty clear.

I'll still continue to protest against it, though. I mean, it just seems irritating if the difference between Adamantite and Titanium is enough for a weakly skilled person to progress. I'm not saying Adamantite should be on the same powerful level of Titanium, moreso that they should be practically as equal as possible. That would mean the player always has to learn to progress, rather than getting the right side of the coin and kick :red:.

Last edited:
Assuming I'm not missing it, I don't know if it'd be preferable. I mean, 4 homing projectiles a second with 12 base damage is pretty good to begin with. The Crimson Cloud still has to be 'assisted' for maximum potential. By 'assisted', I mean lure enemies to a nice ditch/wall.
Right now, the Crimson Rod has the advantage of penetration. "Four pests per second" was a figure I pulled by guesstimating the rate at which the Crimson Rod rained down harmful projectiles. I guess it comes down to whether targeting autonomy and greater damage outweighs penetration, which I think it does.

The Crimson Rod's penetration benefit is still outweighed by needing to lure enemies to it.

If we were debating a more general weapon such as the Space Gun (which can respond to targets much quicker), I would agree.

Back
Top Bottom