Five Nights at Freddy's discussion thread

I screwed with it more and got.... Nightmare.
No, the washed-out background seems almost to have otters in it. No one else sees the H on the far right of the contrasted image you posted?

I'm serious, and its definitely not Nightmare unless Nightmare suddenly starts or ends with an H. :/

Take this to a photo editor to see it better
image.jpg

Spring trap? The same thing was said about him. Maybe these are the sister location suits
To be fair, the main reason why Springtrap looked that way was due to it having deteriorated, and the corpse inside didn´t exactly help (Unless you meant it as him being who would want something like the Nightmare animatronics in a kid-friendly pizza joint).

To be fair, the main reason why Springtrap looked that way was due to it having deteriorated, and the corpse inside didn´t exactly help (Unless you meant it as him being who would want something like the Nightmare animatronics in a kid-friendly pizza joint).

Yes, I was talking about having Vicious flesh eating freak monster looking animatronics NOT be inside a kid friendly Pizza place.

Perhaps it takes place in someone's nightmares.

I mean, who would want that in a kid friendly Pizza Arcade?
That's my number one theory right now... about the nightmares. Though I don't quite see you point; just because these things wouldn't be seen in a kid's pizza place because of their obvious intimidating looks doesn't mean that they wouldn't be in reality entirely. I mean, look a Springtrap. Random suit with tears and holes and a rotten corpse within it. That thing was in the place for at least decades, albeit hidden and not so... rotting corpse-y.

There's always the possibility somebody modified them.

Or maybe these are advanced super robots created by the government to keep the peace but they malfunctioned and took over the world.

What do you mean, the latter theory makes no sense?!

But the 3rd game didn't even take place inside a pizza joint, so I'm pretty sure you can take whatever theories involving how 'but these guys don't look nice D:' out.

you know what i'm gonna say some thing about Fnaf... THE GAME IS MEH EXCEPT ITS STORY... (In my opinion though i haven't played it) ITS SIMILAR TO DARK SOULS in story
AND I LOVE DARK SOUL'S STORY BECAUSE OF HOW CRYPTIC IT IS

you know what i'm gonna say some thing about Fnaf... THE GAME IS MEH EXCEPT ITS STORY... (In my opinion though i haven't played it) ITS SIMILAR TO DARK SOULS in story
AND I LOVE DARK SOUL'S STORY BECAUSE OF HOW CRYPTIC IT IS
honestly, even the story is kinda meh. more specifically, this series in any aspect didn't need as much attention as it got, and REALLY didn't need to be 4 games long.

at this point it looks like Scott is resorting to Nightmare on Elmstreet.

honestly, even the story is kinda meh. more specifically, this series in any aspect didn't need as much attention as it got, and REALLY didn't need to be 4 games long.

The fourth game at least is the last one, despite the initial announcement that implied the opposite (Incidantally, it realy did make it seem like he is resorting to Nightmare on Elm Street).
The main reasons it got so much attention seem to be that:
There weren´t exactly many games that were anywhere near similar (There was Night Trap, but it was awful).
Foxy.
The fact that a lot of players would have probabily seen a IRL animatronic at some point, making the game scarier.
It tends to break the fourth wall in the killscreens (Golden Freddy and the Shadow animatronics are the most obvious examples. There aren´t exactly many games in which the game is intended to close itself upon death), which is why it uses jumpscares: Rather than using them to startle instead of scare the player, the game tries to make the player scared of getting startled.

I think it got so much attention because of how terrifying old animatronics were to some people. Those things were creepy as hell.

The fourth game at least is the last one, despite the initial announcement that implied the opposite (Incidantally, it realy did make it seem like he is resorting to Nightmare on Elm Street).
The main reasons it got so much attention seem to be that:
There weren´t exactly many games that were anywhere near similar (There was Night Trap, but it was awful).
Foxy.
The fact that a lot of players would have probabily seen a IRL animatronic at some point, making the game scarier.
It tends to break the fourth wall in the killscreens (Golden Freddy and the Shadow animatronics are the most obvious examples. There aren´t exactly many games in which the game is intended to close itself upon death), which is why it uses jumpscares: Rather than using them to startle instead of scare the player, the game tries to make the player scared of getting startled.

it might just be me, but I've played these games for the first time, and bumrushed them. Like I'm creeped out by animatronics, yet these games aren't all that frightening. The element of surprise just isn't there.

not to mention that as the games progressed, and I mentioned this before, but the animatronics stopped looking like animatronics, and more like weird science experiments. For example, even if springtrap was all spic, and span, he wouldn't look like a cartoon character even in the slightest. Less like an effigy of a cartoon character, and more like something you'd expect to see in a steampunk-tim burton-allice in wonderland.

the story is just vague, and hard to follow, that's really the only reason why it's interesting, when you get down to it, this is such a typical thing for this setting in a horror story. so far it just sounds like a typical, but really clever serial killer, I don't know about you, but I think a more intriguing and creative concept could have been made for this to go on for 4 games. Maybe not even an entirely different concept, but not just a serial killer, throw in some secret government experimentation, make the endoskeletons a test drive for a military android.The possibilities can go so much further than a simple serial killer.

My point is not that these are really bad games, but games that fall short from what the could of been, and what they should of been for how popular they are.

it might just be me, but I've played these games for the first time, and bumrushed them. Like I'm creeped out by animatronics, yet these games aren't all that frightening. The element of surprise just isn't there.

not to mention that as the games progressed, and I mentioned this before, but the animatronics stopped looking like animatronics, and more like weird science experiments. For example, even if springtrap was all spic, and span, he wouldn't look like a cartoon character even in the slightest. Less like an effigy of a cartoon character, and more like something you'd expect to see in a steampunk-tim burton-allice in wonderland.

the story is just vague, and hard to follow, that's really the only reason why it's interesting, when you get down to it, this is such a typical thing for this setting in a horror story. so far it just sounds like a typical, but really clever serial killer, I don't know about you, but I think a more intriguing and creative concept could have been made for this to go on for 4 games. Maybe not even an entirely different concept, but not just a serial killer, throw in some secret government experimentation, make the endoskeletons a test drive for a military android.The possibilities can go so much further than a simple serial killer.

My point is not that these are really bad games, but games that fall short from what the could of been, and what they should of been for how popular they are.
Well, most of the animatronics that didn´t look like they should be anywhere near children are supposed to be old (In the second game, the old animatronics are, for some reason, only kept for spare parts, while Mangle´s case is because... it´s the children´s fault that leaving it near children is an awful idea, while Springtrap is just plain decayed. The fact that it has a corpse inside definitely didn´t help prenent it from decaying).
There could probabily be a rather interesting take on the story by the fourth game: Now that the whole story is know from the children´s perspective, the fourth game could do the same from the killer´s perspective. After all, a reason why the backhistory is bland is because his motivations aren´t known, so it is easy so assume simple things ranging from serious ones such as him actually being a sexual offender to just plain silly reasons such as him making the children pay for something disproportionate, such as painting his car and his clothes purple (I can´t help but think someone will make a theory like this one. At least it would explain why he is purple); so a brand new twist, such as making him somehow look sympathetic for his motivations (Well, within what him being a child killer allows).

Well, most of the animatronics that didn´t look like they should be anywhere near children are supposed to be old (In the second game, the old animatronics are, for some reason, only kept for spare parts, while Mangle´s case is because... it´s the children´s fault that leaving it near children is an awful idea, while Springtrap is just plain decayed. The fact that it has a corpse inside definitely didn´t help prenent it from decaying).
There could probabily be a rather interesting take on the story by the fourth game: Now that the whole story is know from the children´s perspective, the fourth game could do the same from the killer´s perspective. After all, a reason why the backhistory is bland is because his motivations aren´t known, so it is easy so assume simple things ranging from serious ones such as him actually being a sexual offender to just plain silly reasons such as him making the children pay for something disproportionate, such as painting his car and his clothes purple (I can´t help but think someone will make a theory like this one. At least it would explain why he is purple); so a brand new twist, such as making him somehow look sympathetic for his motivations (Well, within what him being a child killer allows).
I'll excuse the fnaf2 animatronics, because they actually had a fair excuse to why they look so twisted. not only are they old, but they tried to retrofit them to fit newer endoskeletons, which in turn made them look horrific. That is still when they started to take a turn for the worse in the source material department. Once you have to start making up excuses to make your animatronics not look like animatronics, you're doing something wrong.

Springtrap... idunno, they originally designed the suit to fit a human inside it, and when you try to combine proper human anatomy with a cartoon animal, the results even back then seem like they would be rejected.

Springtrap... idunno, they originally designed the suit to fit a human inside it, and when you try to combine proper human anatomy with a cartoon animal, the results even back then seem like they would be rejected.
Well, that could be the real reason why the hybrids were retired, considering the company´s policies in the first game (If they don´t try to prevent the animatronics from messily killing the security guards, they wouldn´t care more for the performers for some reason, specially what was the policy on spring lock failure).

Back
Top Bottom