Game Mechanics Gating the Terra Blade past Plantera

Ceci n'est pas une questionne.

• I agree, the Terra Blade needs to be gated like this.

Votes: 40 61.5%
  • I think that the Terra Blade needs to be gated, but not like this.

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • I disagree with this in its entirety, and I'll tell you why.

Votes: 15 23.1%

• Total voters
So the terrablade is going to be made at the lihzahrd alter.
that's it ,its so simple yet so clever
I LOVE IT

Its still possible to use the teleporter/rod of discord to get in the temple so long as the temple walls are removed...
Anyway, I think the terra blade was made post mech for a reason. It doesn't need to be post plantera.

I completely disagree
-if it's crafted at a lihzarhd altar, then there's no use crafting it since you have nearly beaten the game
-I think Terra Blade should be Post-Mech because it can be helpful for those who are having trouble fighting other bosses/monsters/events

So, disagree

Are copper swords, iron swords, silver swords and gold swords all of the same "tier"? You can get a a gold sword before a bronze sword...
-_- The Terra blade is a direct upgrade of both true swords.
Yes, that's called early pre-HM tier, or Ore tier by some people. It encompasses everything prior to the EoC.

I'm aware that the Terra Blade is a direct upgrade of the "True" swords. And the only sword that rivals it is The Horseman's Blade, a Moon Event sword. In fact, the Frost Moon sword, The Christmas Tree Sword, is actually weaker than the Terra Blade. Go figure. The fact that it's an upgrade is irrelevant. It's strong enough to carry you, along with Adamantite or Titanium armor, all the way past Plantera. I've done it before. Others have as well. In addition, the stats are well beyond a mech-tier weapon. As I've said, it's on par with Moon Event weapons.
I completely disagree
-if it's crafted at a lihzarhd altar, then there's no use crafting it since you have nearly beaten the game
You could say the same thing about the Blizzard Staff, or the Chain Gun, or, more relevantly, the Sun Stone. This'll be the third time I've said it, but it's stronger than a Frost Moon sword.
-I think Terra Blade should be Post-Mech because it can be helpful for those who are having trouble fighting other bosses/monsters/events
They shouldn't be having so much trouble that less OP weapons aren't strong enough. The Dao of Pow is good enough to best the Destroyer and Skeletron Prime, and Light Discs can take down The Twins, assuming you haven't gotten an Ice or Death Sickle. If you're using the Terra Blade, you're not getting a relevantly powerful weapon to help beat the bosses, you're getting carried.

Whenever I play on a public multiplayer server do you know what 4 melee weapons I see people using the most?
1. Horse man's blade
2. Vampire knives
3. Paladins hammer
4. Terra blade
Do you see what these items have in common?
They are all post-plantera weapons EXCEPT for the Terra blade, which can be acquired after ONE mech boss has been defeated, yet the Terra blade is as strong as these weapons, and is considered as an "end-game" weapon by many players. With the terra blade you can easily beat all of hardmode, without having to change weapons.
By having the Terra blade be crafted at a lihzard altar, this makes it post- plantera, where it belongs.

By that logic the Enchanted Sword is the same tier as Copper Shortsword.
It is the same tier. However, it can't carry you past 2 tiers unless you have a fair degree of skill. In fact, it's actually slightly weaker than an emerald staff, and fires beams much more slowly.

I normally don't support these kind of suggestions, but I agree with this one. I never thought of making it having to be crafted at a Lihzahrd Altar, it makes so much sense!
True_Night%27s_Edge.png
+
True_Excalibur.png
+
Broken_Hero_Sword.png
+
Lihzahrd_Altar.png
=
Terra_Blade.png

Although in a way I agree with what you are saying I also disagree. I agree that it is a bit out of place for when you could theoretically get it but realistically you won't get it until later in the game. Considering there is only a 4% chance for a solar eclipse to happen and then a 0.4% chance of a broken hero sword to drop it is nigh impossible to acquire a Terra Blade in just one solar eclipse which is why most people end up acquiring a Terra Blade in late end game anyway. I feel it unnecessary to make it crafted at a Lihzard Altar.

Although in a way I agree with what you are saying I also disagree. I agree that it is a bit out of place for when you could theoretically get it but realistically you won't get it until later in the game. Considering there is only a 4% chance for a solar eclipse to happen and then a 0.4% chance of a broken hero sword to drop it is nigh impossible to acquire a Terra Blade in just one solar eclipse which is why most people end up acquiring a Terra Blade in late end game anyway. I feel it unnecessary to make it crafted at a Lihzard Altar.

Ah, there you are wrong: There are plenty of people who gain 3 Broken Hero Swords in their first Eclipse.

I did say it was 'almost' impossible. There is a very small chance but most are not that lucky. Please actually read what I write before you both agree with what I say and say I'm wrong at the same time :/

The fact that it's possible at all is why the balance needs to be addressed. I've stated this already, but the Terra Blade outclasses even the Frost Moon sword. And in actuality, since there are so many enemies spawning during the solar eclipse, the overall chance of getting several BHSes is dramatically higher. Additionally, for a player who takes the game slowly and prepares for each new encounter, or for a player who takes the time to grind for their desired equipment, they can get several eclipses before progressing onto the next tier. So it's far from almost impossible.

The fact that it's possible at all is why the balance needs to be addressed. I've stated this already, but the Terra Blade outclasses even the Frost Moon sword. And in actuality, since there are so many enemies spawning during the solar eclipse, the overall chance of getting several BHSes is dramatically higher. Additionally, for a player who takes the game slowly and prepares for each new encounter, or for a player who takes the time to grind for their desired equipment, they can get several eclipses before progressing onto the next tier. So it's far from almost impossible.
From a player who has tried to grind for a Terra Blade I can personally say that it's not that easy. I've gone solar eclipses without a single broken hero sword. The most I've ever gotten in an event is 2. Granted I might just be getting unlucky but like I originally said "Although in a way I agree with what you are saying I also disagree". It would probably be better to make the Terra Blade crafted at a Lihzard Altar but the Terra Blade really isn't as easy to make as you are making it out to be which is why I see it as a tad unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom