Items Ghost Ship mount

How is it?

• Concept is good.

Votes: 42 95.5%
  • Sprite is good.

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • But it's just a teensy bit broken. (How?)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Yo Baconfry! I'm planning on incorporating this in an upcoming suggestion to revamp the Flying Doucheman Dutchman into a legitimate and formidable post-Plantera miniboss.

Anyways, concerning the mechanic, I think it would be simpler mechanic-wise for it to simply treat solid blocks as liquid. Period. No special SHIFT activation or anything. As long as you're moving through walls, your movement speed is reduced (like traveling through water), you will start to lose breath (as proposed) and you will drown if you stay there too long (as proposed, except without getting stuck).

I would like to definitely see myself suffocate in a wall! Totally normal!
Anyways, nice mount suggestion. Keep up the good work, Sir Baconfry!

This seems too overpowered for how easily it is gained. Also if anything it should be tied to the pirate invasion somehow, you know, Flying Dutchman?

This seems too overpowered for how easily it is gained. Also if anything it should be tied to the pirate invasion somehow, you know, Flying Dutchman?

Layman9: Please look at the following:
Ghost Ship
Crafted with:
40 Ectoplasm
Ghostly Mast, Angler's quest reward from 40 and onwards.
Ghostly Wheel, dropped by Armored Viking (0.8%).
(Too lazy to sprite those two.)
This is how hard it is to craft.

The mount, while in ghost form, treats solid blocks as if they were liquid, and can move freely through them, with no limit to flight time. (Don't let go of the SHIFT key!) However, movement is slowed significantly. And if you have not exited the walls when you release the SHIFT key, you will be stuck, and your breath meter will not disappear. (I'm considering inflicting the Suffocating debuff in this situation as well, if necessary.)

Neptune's Shell will not activate during the ride, but Diving Gear will work. People have a tough enough time giving up an accessory slot for it anyways.

This is the function and balancing part.

Edited at the request of Leinfors

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
What about double click the up key to troggle the ghost effect?(Just opposite of the armor set bonus key, and will be down if change the config).
And double click again to cancle the effect.
I think hold the SHIFT key may be not very convenient and it is already used as the auto-select too.

If you can't use a weapon while riding shift works as phase button and it would be more balanced IMO.

Flying Dutchman = Ghost Ship
True, in the usual planet Earth-bound myth, but in Terraria the pirate ship looks pretty solid (aka not ghostly) and the pirates are very human.
So in my opinion Baconfry's Ghostship has nothing to do with the pirate invasion.

True, in the usual planet Earth-bound myth, but in Terraria the pirate ship looks pretty solid (aka not ghostly) and the pirates are very human.
So in my opinion Baconfry's Ghostship has nothing to do with the pirate invasion.
Trust me, once you see what SzGamer227 is up to, it will all make sense.

Sounds like a fun mount! Sure would be cool to have a Pirate Themed set, (Pet, Mount, Vanity, etc.) and all were missing is a mount, so... support!

Back
Top Bottom