Biomes & Nature Giving the new Desert some spice

Just because his head is a triangle doesn't mean that hes part of the Illuminati. That crap about pyramids and triangles all being Illumiaughty is just annoying to me.
You gave me a new phrase. "Illuminaughty." I'm going to use that, with your permission.

All I could think of when seeing the sand cannon is "sand blaster 3000"... dont even know why... Anyhow this has my up-most support, the new desert antlion nest is great and brings new life to what essentially was a glass quarry for me but I would love nothing more than to see this put in place. The only problem I can see is how this would fit in to the current terrain generation given the new antlion nest which can be quite sizable and in some cases is the only desert place on the world.

I am all up for having a pyramid part of every world and it always seemed odd to me that they just get cut off in what I can only state is an abrupt ending which gives it no meaning to exist but this also ties in with the problem, by contrast the current pyramid is tiny compared to a nest and to accommodate all the work everyone has put in to the idea would need to expand the size by a noticeable amount.

Other than that this is such a beautiful suggestion and finally would give light/dark mummies a home. +1

Spice? Desert? To think I just recommended a Dune reference in a thread on a worm-type boss… "It's all connected, man, everything's connected!"

Omg dude this is amazing! All the art is fantastic and I won't complain about anything of this, it's all cool and ballanced! Really, very very good job, it might be implemented from the devs i wouldn't tell the difference between their content and yours. Those are all awesome ideas, nice and simple, not too fancy, in pure pre-hardmode style! It would be awesome to also have an hardmode variance to this (you know, currently we have corrupted/hallowed blocks and monster but we don't have any reason at all to go there.. no loot from chests or monsters). Love the idea to give a beginner armor for summoners but maybe a summoner weapon aswell wouldn't hurt.. in my opinion summons should work without armors like other classes (having their own prefixes, enhanced AI.. I made a post "How to fix Summoners" if any of you is interested) so being dependent from an armor maybe is not ideal.. an equipment/weapon would probably do.. but still, amazing ideas and art, good luck making this post knokwn by the devs :)

Omg dude this is amazing! All the art is fantastic and I won't complain about anything of this, it's all cool and ballanced! Really, very very good job, it might be implemented from the devs i wouldn't tell the difference between their content and yours. Those are all awesome ideas, nice and simple, not too fancy, in pure pre-hardmode style! It would be awesome to also have an hardmode variance to this (you know, currently we have corrupted/hallowed blocks and monster but we don't have any reason at all to go there.. no loot from chests or monsters). Love the idea to give a beginner armor for summoners but maybe a summoner weapon aswell wouldn't hurt.. in my opinion summons should work without armors like other classes (having their own prefixes, enhanced AI.. I made a post "How to fix Summoners" if any of you is interested) so being dependent from an armor maybe is not ideal.. an equipment/weapon would probably do.. but still, amazing ideas and art, good luck making this post knokwn by the devs :)
We're actually also working on our own summoner idea. I don't want to give away too many ideas, but it offers better early game coverage, new minions and weapons, and rebalances armors in an attempt to make it a full class. I was thinking that there could be a turret minion, an antlion staff, that could be found in pyramid chests, similar to the frost hydra but prehardmode and whatnot.

Really like this post, the pyramid has so much potential. Like, if you open the chest, a boulder appears and chases you down the zigzag indy style. Get run over, instagib.

We're actually also working on our own summoner idea. I don't want to give away too many ideas, but it offers better early game coverage, new minions and weapons, and rebalances armors in an attempt to make it a full class. I was thinking that there could be a turret minion, an antlion staff, that could be found in pyramid chests, similar to the frost hydra but prehardmode and whatnot.

Makes complete sense.. only 4 turrents atm. The idea of the Stardust Dragon might also be a third type of summon weapon (1 minions that gets bigger/better) if new weapon are implemented this way; the Antillion turret is a lot of fun but I agree on the fact that Antillions and Sandgun should place an acutal sand block but just make a "sand cloud" effect when on impact.. with an Antillion Staff this might seems necessary to avoid random sand blocks everywhere (and of course infinite sand blocks for everyone to gather).

Another idea might be a controllable minion: when you activate the "remote control" (might be a staff or whatever) you basically became that monster until you actual character gets hit by something or after a timer (a prefix could change this value a bit maybe). Of course this take place of one of your normal minions and the rest will follow the controllable minion so you can briefly fight while being in a safe zone.

I'm just brainstorming ideas here, i'm not the best creative here but maybe some inputs might be useful

Makes complete sense.. only 4 turrents atm. The idea of the Stardust Dragon might also be a third type of summon weapon (1 minions that gets bigger/better) if new weapon are implemented this way; the Antillion turret is a lot of fun but I agree on the fact that Antillions and Sandgun should place an acutal sand block but just make a "sand cloud" effect when on impact.. with an Antillion Staff this might seems necessary to avoid random sand blocks everywhere (and of course infinite sand blocks for everyone to gather).

Another idea might be a controllable minion: when you activate the "remote control" (might be a staff or whatever) you basically became that monster until you actual character gets hit by something or after a timer (a prefix could change this value a bit maybe). Of course this take place of one of your normal minions and the rest will follow the controllable minion so you can briefly fight while being in a safe zone.

I'm just brainstorming ideas here, i'm not the best creative here but maybe some inputs might be useful
Yeah, some way to control minions would be nice. Maybe a laser pointer?

Yeah, some way to control minions would be nice. Maybe a laser pointer?

Well, in my post is basically the second point xD i was talking about normal minions however.. using the right-mouse button to pinpoint a single target with a red arrow over it and a light red glow emanating from the target, right click again to disable. Not that useful against normal monsters but helps concentrating fire against crucial targets in the underground (Medusa), during events (Eyezor, Nailhead, Mothron, Mourning Wood, Pumpking, Everscream, Santa NK-1, Ice Queen..) and on multiple-target bosses (Skeletron Prime's Head, Destroyer ignoring the probes, Retinazer or Spazmatism, Plantera ignoring the second form tentacle, all Golem parts.. ).

So basically what i'm saying is that you should not require an accessory to redirect your minions but you can do it by default.. also Cultists will count as NPC and they will not get attacked (even if they get damage while hitting something else) and they can only be targeted by the pinpoint ability, same story for the Guide and the Clothier when you have the right equipment.

Sorry for repeating parts of my post :/

Well, in my post is basically the second point xD i was talking about normal minions however.. using the right-mouse button to pinpoint a single target with a red arrow over it and a light red glow emanating from the target, right click again to disable. Not that useful against normal monsters but helps concentrating fire against crucial targets in the underground (Medusa), during events (Eyezor, Nailhead, Mothron, Mourning Wood, Pumpking, Everscream, Santa NK-1, Ice Queen..) and on multiple-target bosses (Skeletron Prime's Head, Destroyer ignoring the probes, Retinazer or Spazmatism, Plantera ignoring the second form tentacle, all Golem parts.. ).

So basically what i'm saying is that you should not require an accessory to redirect your minions but you can do it by default.. also Cultists will count as NPC and they will not get attacked (even if they get damage while hitting something else) and they can only be targeted by the pinpoint ability, same story for the Guide and the Clothier when you have the right equipment.

Sorry for repeating parts of my post :/
Well, this aint really the place to talk about it. Maybe in conversation. I see your point though, and I agree. I have also accidentally attacked cultists that way. I can't really not kill them either too once I've hurt one either. "Oh, well, I can't really NOT kill them now can I? Guess I'm doing a moon lord run again!"

Well, this aint really the place to talk about it. Maybe in conversation. I see your point though, and I agree. I have also accidentally attacked cultists that way. I can't really not kill them either too once I've hurt one either. "Oh, well, I can't really NOT kill them now can I? Guess I'm doing a moon lord run again!"
Although you can just run away if you haven't killed all of them, or lose to the Cultist. My arena for Moon Lord is, unfortunately, right by the Dungeon.

Back
Top Bottom