Weapons & Equip Hedgehog Shoes

Would you put a ring on it?

• Yes.

Votes: 142 93.4%
  • No.

Votes: 10 6.6%

• Total voters
But sonic's weakness is water!
If he runs fast enough. He runs across water.
sonic-water.png

Maybe there should be a limit to how many hits you can take while spin dashing before you automatically break out of one?
You'll only be taking more than one hit while spin dashing if you ram into a line of enemies. You can't make a U-turn and preserve the dash, remember that. So ultimately putting a limit on the number of hits adds complexity and changes nothing in terms of balance, so I'll say no to that one.

You gotta be able to run across liquid surfaces at top speed. You just gotta.
Done.

You'll only be taking more than one hit while spin dashing if you ram into a line of enemies. You can't make a U-turn and preserve the dash, remember that. So ultimately putting a limit on the number of hits adds complexity and changes nothing in terms of balance, so I'll say no to that one.
But if the spin dash makes the player almost completely invincible, it could be used to bypass hazards like lava or a hoard of pirates or enemy players in pvp

But if the spin dash makes the player almost completely invincible, it could be used to bypass hazards like lava
At that point in the game, it's pointless to deny the player the ability to cross lava thanks to the existence of the Lava Waders.
or a hoard of pirates
You can't stay in Spin Dash mode forever, remember? The pirates will have their chance to strike you down.
or enemy players in pvp
They can just follow you until you run into a barrier and are forced to uncurl. Remember, when spin dashing, you can't be attacked, but you can't use your own weapons either.

But if the spin dash makes the player almost completely invincible, it could be used to bypass hazards like lava or a hoard of pirates or enemy players in pvp
I agree and disagree with that. It really all depends on how you would get the shoes. But from experience in Sonic the Hedgehog. Stopping is very difficult, and you may not be too far from a wall of spikes right in front of your face.
Maybe the spin dash could automatically cancel as you lose kinetic energy. (Chap this is not a place of science!)
I say kinetic energy because of different frictions against blocks. For example. Frozen slime. That stuff is frictionless. And honey, you can go into stealth mode with shroomite armor if you stick yourself to a wall of that!

Teleporters. All I am saying is that you could single handedly beat practically everything by teleporting across a tunnel and continuing in the same direction without having to turn around.

That is the flaw with this.

Teleporters. All I am saying is that you could single handedly beat practically everything by teleporting across a tunnel and continuing in the same direction without having to turn around.

That is the flaw with this.
But thats not fun enough
"Gotta go fast like sanic!"

Ugh, teleporters ruin everything...

Being teleported now cancels a spin dash. Cancelling a spin dash now causes some speed to be lost.

teleport far enough and it doesn't matter. You can rebuild the speed before 'big guy' is back on the screen.

Wait a minute...
Does this stack with lightning boots?
Because you could be able to run faster than the dungeon gaurdian! :eek:

Definitely supporting this suggestion, I don't even have to explain my choice. The part about hedgehogs was the part that got me.

Back
Top Bottom