Weapons & Equip Just some power tools for pre-Hardmode, I guess.

The Drill should either require defeating Skeletron to obtain, or have it´s power lowered to 55%, as it would otherwise be both better and available earlier on than the Nightmare/Deathbringer pick, due to it only requiring the player to break a Shadow Orb.

Last edited:
Insanely good.
I always wanted to dig with drills,kill stuff with chainsaws,or maybe use the jackhammer like if it was a gun?:3
But i was going to do the same thing with copper/tin,silver/tungsten and gold/platinum.
EDIT:BTW since this looks like kinda a early game pickaxe/drill,isn't 80% power alot since it's enough to mine hellstone?Luckily it's not 100%,because 100% is cobalt.

BTW since this looks like kinda a early game pickaxe/drill,isn't 80% power alot since it's enough to mine hellstone?
It's not early-game... you have to be able to defeat the Goblin Army, and then find the Goblin Tinkerer. Besides, skipping tiers isn't even a problem, really. Just an alternate route you can take if you think you're up to it.
Luckily it's not 100%,because 100% is cobalt.
I assure you, luck had nothing to do with it. :cool:

It's not early-game... you have to be able to defeat the Goblin Army, and then find the Goblin Tinkerer. Besides, skipping tiers isn't even a problem, really. Just an alternate route you can take if you think you're up to it.
2 problems:
Eye of ctuhulu
Extractinator

I assure you, luck had nothing to do with it.
I meant that atleast it's not 100% pickaxe power,but this one is 80%.
But you need to defeat only one boss(As goblin invasion counts as an event,not a boss),not 2 to mine hellstone.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424633682][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way it's great to give mechanical hammers some love.
You should do a thread about it.

2 problems:
Eye of ctuhulu
Extractinator
I don't think either of those things conflict with the statement you quoted. Please explain.
I meant that atleast it's not 100% pickaxe power,but this one is 80%.
But you need to defeat only one boss(As goblin invasion counts as an event,not a boss),not 2 to mine hellstone.
What he was saying was that he intentionally made the tools capable of mining Hellstone. Also, you don't even have to beat any bosses to mine hellstone. (*cough*Reaver Shark*cough*) Hell, you don't even need to mine Hellstone to get Cobalt/Palladium, as I proved during my Summoner's playthrough. (On a completely unrelated note, I still say that it's bull:red: that my world didn't spawn with a single Hellforge.)

I don't think either of those things conflict with the statement you quoted. Please explain.
Blood butcherer/light's bane is enough to kill a goblin army,along with a demon bow/tendon bow.
Secondly,you can get alot of silt in 10 minutes.
Which gives alot of lead.
What he was saying was that he intentionally made the tools capable of mining Hellstone.
That's what i was trying to say.
Also, you don't even have to beat any bosses to mine hellstone.
Relogic has to fix this...

Blood butcherer/light's bane is enough to kill a goblin army,along with a demon bow/tendon bow.
Secondly,you can get alot of silt in 10 minutes.
Which gives alot of lead.
Personally, I always use Vilethorn or the Crimson Rod, but different strokes for different folks. Regardless, in 10 minutes after you have the necessary resources to bust a Shadow Orb, you can also very easily kill the EoW with those grenades you doubtless have, and that's assuming you're rushing down the Boss, Yrimir-style. If you've actually gone through the trouble to fight the EoC, then you could probably do it even faster with Jester's Arrows and the Dark Biome bow, or whatever else that you've gotten.
Relogic has to fix this...
Something that has to be said: Skipping Demonite tier is hard. It doesn't even matter what you'd be skipping to. At best, you're going to have Meteor armor, which is 16 defense. 16 defense will not help you kill Man Eaters and Hornets as you try to hunt for Jungle Armor. 16 defense will not save you from Queen Bee while you try to nab Bee Armor. 16 defense will not let you survive the Dark Casters and Angry Bones of the Dungeon as you try to farm for Necro Armor. 16 defense will not protect you from from the Imps and Bone Serpents of Hell as you try to grind for Molten Armor.

Put simply: If you're going to try skipping the Dark Biome, you better be extremely skilled. Keep in mind that just because you can skip a tier, it doesn't mean that you should. In fact, introducing tier skipping can be an extremely fun option for higher-level players, like Yrimir, so long as it's balanced, and I would say that the WoF provides a very balanced gate for Hardmode.

Personally, I always use Vilethorn or the Crimson Rod, but different strokes for different folks. Regardless, in 10 minutes after you have the necessary resources to bust a Shadow Orb, you can also very easily kill the EoW with those grenades you doubtless have, and that's assuming you're rushing down the Boss, Yrimir-style. If you've actually gone through the trouble to fight the EoC, then you could probably do it even faster with Jester's Arrows and the Dark Biome bow, or whatever else that you've gotten.

Something that has to be said: Skipping Demonite tier is hard. It doesn't even matter what you'd be skipping to. At best, you're going to have Meteor armor, which is 16 defense. 16 defense will not help you kill Man Eaters and Hornets as you try to hunt for Jungle Armor. 16 defense will not save you from Queen Bee while you try to nab Bee Armor. 16 defense will not let you survive the Dark Casters and Angry Bones of the Dungeon as you try to farm for Necro Armor. 16 defense will not protect you from from the Imps and Bone Serpents of Hell as you try to grind for Molten Armor.

Put simply: If you're going to try skipping the Dark Biome, you better be extremely skilled. Keep in mind that just because you can skip a tier, it doesn't mean that you should. In fact, introducing tier skipping can be an extremely fun option for higher-level players, like Yrimir, so long as it's balanced, and I would say that the WoF provides a very balanced gate for Hardmode.
So yeah.

I won't really object if this is added. However, I have absolutely no use for these as I don't really like the power tools all that much. Too noisy.

Ultimately my opinion on this is neutral.

Back
Top Bottom